Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,111   Online: 1079

Shooter
    Multi Format

Looking to get into ULF.....

There is a 12x20 on Ebay that ends in a little over a day that is only bid at $386.00 might be a great way to get into ULF real cheap..

http://cgi.ebay.com/12x20-Folmer-and...QQcmdZViewItem

R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The final price will no doubt be in the typical range. My guess would be about $2,000.

The snipers are always watching . . .

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Yup. Now the cats out of the bag! Darn!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The cats and snipers are in cahoots. Not that I don't buy things there, but the true bargains are few and far between. Mis-listed and misspelled listings are sometimes the exception, but people have even learned to search for those.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxi331
    ...might be a great way to get into ULF real cheap..
    You're kidding. ULF isn't cheap. And a project camera is a cheap way to buy an expensive camera. (Don't ask me how I know!) Have you priced film holders and film? Do you have a lens which will cover 12x20 without the extension rail (which appears to be missing...)? The bellows might or might not be usable with care, etc. Bigger trays, bigger sink, more chemistry... It all adds up. I'm not trying to be a prophet of doom. I succumbed to the temptress of ULF myself. Don't turn back, but don't be guiled into thinking there's a free lunch.
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin