Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,523   Posts: 1,543,813   Online: 787

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,
    One hitherto unmentioned use of the proposed product would be finding all the flaws in the ancient Korona, Folmer etc. holders that are often pressed into service in this field.
    Celac.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=7][COLOR=Red]YES !!!! YES !!!!YES !!!! YES !!!! YES !!!! [/SIZE][/FONT] [/COLOR]

I shoot portraits in low, quiet light. They are in focus and everything. But today, it's Leica-ville. 1/60@f/2 with 400 film. A waste of time with anything larger.

Delta 3200 in 8x10 and 11x14 means shooting without reciprocity failure, and realistic exposures from 1/4 to 1/50. And that means platinum prints that can be saleable and easy.

Yes, absolutely. Yes. Take off your tie, Simon, and go spool the coating machine. You wouldn't be toying with us, would you ???

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Count me in as well. Such a magnificent film speed for ULF is mind boggling and would mean that there would be situations in low light or with some wind that would not be anywhere near off limits. The concept is making me smile very wide.....

I am assuming Sandy that you have already evaluated this film and find its properties suitable for alt processes and Azo?

Cheers!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I am assuming that coating the Delta 3200 emulsion onto a sheet film base will not only open the market to ULF use, but also to more common sheet film sizes as well (4X5, 8X10). All LF shooters could potentially benefit from the availability of a high speed film.

Delta 3200 in 4X5 for hand-held available light shooting sounds wonderful.

Long-live hand-held 4X5 photography!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=4]Delta 400 in 5x7, 8x10, 11x14, 4x10 and in 2x3 ISO 50 please. All emulsions in 5x7.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=6][COLOR=Red]Did you get the 2x3 in ISO 50? [/COLOR] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][COLOR=Red]Anything and everything in 5x7.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=5]Oh yea, Thank you very much![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=5]Curt[/SIZE][COLOR=Navy]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Anyone care to post work from 3200? Any alt process work? (not baiting, just curious!)
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just to keep things in perspective, Delta 3200 is arguably an 800-1000 speed film, so it would be like having a better version of Royal-X Pan, I suppose. I'd certainly try it.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I would certainly try Delta 3200 in 8x10. Puny little negs, I know... but if you are considering it for ULF, could some tiny little 8x10's be a byproduct?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner
    I would certainly try Delta 3200 in 8x10. Puny little negs, I know... but if you are considering it for ULF, could some tiny little 8x10's be a byproduct?
    I second (or third or whatever we're at, plus one) that comment. I'd buy a few hundred sheets of 3200 in 8x10 for the freezer. I'd like to see it in 4x5 also since it's just a matter of cutting it down, and in even proportion so there's no waste!
    Thanks Simon!

Chris
    p.s. I know the call is a sounding board for 3200, but I also join the ranks of those who would like to see something in a 25.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak
    I am assuming Sandy that you have already evaluated this film and find its properties suitable for alt processes and Azo?
    I don't know about alt processes but, for Azo, have a look at Delta 3200's curves here:

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/200613019405339.pdf

They don't seem very compatible to me. Perhaps different developers might straighten them out a bit?

Also, as someone who can see the grain in a 320 TXP contact print on grade 3 Azo (and uses FP4 Plus instead), I'm not sure Delta 3200 wouldn't be worse, especially if one developed it longer to overcome those rolled-off highlights.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin