Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,864   Posts: 1,583,199   Online: 834

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My work is long to very long exposures so shutters aren't required. I prefer to shoot 10 secs and longer if possible to add some softness with trees blowing around and water cruising by. For me this adds some a bit of lightness to images that are otherwise very sharp. There are some occasions where I would like a shutter but I've been doing this for some time with ULF and 8x10. Of course originally I did it out of necessity as my first 8x10 lenses were in barrel and I had to adjust, but now I have managed to make this part of my look. I only have a shutter on the wolly 200mm wide angle and all other lenses are barrel, which is fine with me.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrigan
    I agree that dagors perform very badly beyond 85 deg! I thought I was the only one who felt this way.
    The only exception would be the wide angle f/9 Zeiss Dagor. Reports are that it covers quite a bit more than regular Dagors. Kerik Kouklis uses one and has commented favorably on it several times.

Unfortunately the wide angle Zeiss Dagor is not often seen for sale. Like the Computar it is, while not rare, rather uncommon.

Just curious if anyone knows in what focal lengths the Zeiss Dagor was manufactured?

Sandy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    Just curious if anyone knows in what focal lengths the Zeiss Dagor was manufactured?
    Just off the top of my head... so it might not be 100% complete:

7.5cm, 10cm, 12.5cm, 15cm, 18cm and 24cm.

I have no experience with the longer focal lengths, but the shorter ones (7.5cm, 10cm and 12.5cm) cover about 100 degrees at f32.

Kerry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    In addition to the above, I think there may have also been a 21cm f9 Zeiss Dagor.

Kerry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    What is the basic history of the f9 zeiss dagors? Were they designed as process dagors? They are certainly scarce and expensive on the open market. I assume they perform better than the wa goerz dagors?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    In addition to the above, I think there may have also been a 21cm f9 Zeiss Dagor.

Kerry

This is correct. I have one and it covers 11x14.

What is the basic history of the f9 zeiss dagors? Were they designed as process dagors? They are certainly scarce and expensive on the open market. I assume they perform better than the wa goerz dagors?

The f9 dagors are wide-angle lenses. My 180 covers 8x10 with a good range of movement. They are similar (in performance) to the f8 goerz dagors (Am Opt and earler versions). I never had the later style goerz "gold dot" variety so I do not know if they have the same coverage. They are definately not process lenses.

Peter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin