Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,759   Online: 1137

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    My wife's 93 year old Great Grandmother called me Mongo from the time AFTER she met me until she died at 98. She never did know it wasn't my name. I did but enjoyed the reference to my man that rode the Yes/No Bull so much I wouldn't let anyone correct it.

aka

Monty

congrats on the 7 x 17 making it cross country. Look forward to seeing it in action later this week.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Congradulations.

Did you spend more money on building the camera or buying the film holders?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can "see" Kerry tap-dancing on a stage with Franken-arca propped by his side..."Me....and my shaaaadow".....
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on
    I can "see" Kerry tap-dancing on a stage with Franken-arca propped by his side..."Me....and my shaaaadow".....
    Ya, but I want to see the camera with a top hat and cane.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format

walk this way

Quote Originally Posted by kthalmann
    Howdy Folks,

Some of you may know that I've been working on a 7x17 camera based on an ARCA-SWISS F-Line monorail for the past several months. Well as of about two hours ago, the Franken-ARCA LIVES!!! (bonus points if you can name the source of the quote I borrowed for the title of this thread - come one, it's an easy one).
    Kerry
    Kerry,
    You'll need to provide each of us with one so we can "walk this way."
    Chris

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by kthalmann
    Howdy Folks,

Some of you may know that I've been working on a 7x17 camera based on an ARCA-SWISS F-Line monorail for the past several months. Well as of about two hours ago, the Franken-ARCA LIVES!!! (bonus points if you can name the source of the quote I borrowed for the title of this thread - come one, it's an easy one).

Sorry to be such a tease, but I won't be posting any photos of the creature until next week. It will make it's public debut at the Large Format Conference in Rockford later this week. Hope to see many of you there. If not, watch this space next week for some digisnaps of the Franken-ARCA.

Kerry
    It must have an enormous schwanzstucker!
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Big Knockers too

Mike

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Donsta
    12 months and you will have something bigger - you don't even realize it yet - this is a nasty, expensive habit...
    Healthier than smoking, though, and not much (if any) more expensive...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider
    Congradulations.

Did you spend more money on building the camera or buying the film holders?
    If you count the value of the lens I traded for the first two holders, I have more invested in holders than the camera. I also bought four more slighty used AWB 7x17 holders for a bit less than three new ones would have cost.

Since I already had most of the ARCA-SWISS parts, the conversion to 7x17 was quite cost effective. I did splurge on a pre-Monolith M-Line front standard ($335 on the German eBay) that gives me self-arresting geared front rise and axis tilt. Even with that, I've spent slightly less than the cost of a new 7x17 Shen-Hao on the camera conversion + six AWB 7x17 holders + 200 sheets 7x17 TMAX 400.

Nothing in this size is "cheap", but adding the conversion kit to a camera I already have made it much more affordable than buying a new camera. The cost of the 7x17 conversion is even quite a bit less than the cost of an 80-year old Korona or Folmer & Schwing - and I ended up with a much nicer (IMHO), more rigid, feature-rich camera.

Kerry

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin