Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,121   Posts: 1,636,890   Online: 930

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1
    That may be true, but I still remember when Mongo (Alex Karris) punched out the horse.
    Rich
    Nothing will ever match the scene where Mongo lit his cigar by bending over into the fire and straightened up again, with both the cigar lit ... and his hat on fire!!
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    OK, now that the Franken-ARCA has made it's public debut at the conference in Rockford, here's some pics of the completed camera:

The camera with a 600mm Fujinon C focused at about 100ft. I have enough rail and bellows for about 6½" - 7" more extension.

The front and rear standards compressed onto a short 15cm rail section. Even with a lens mounted (240mm Computar) the thickness of the camera is about 5" (with the little rail section sticking out by about an inch).

The camera with a 305mm G Claron focused at about 20ft.

Kerry

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    That is one sweet camera! Looks like it has a bail? Really nice job Kerry.

Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Looks fantastic Kerry! That Sinar 7x17" conversion is looking more and more tempting...
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kthalmann
    OK, now that the Franken-ARCA has made it's public debut at the conference in Rockford, here's some pics of the completed camera:

<snip>

Kerry

Kerry,
    If you have time could you post a note mentioning where you sourced parts (not the rail, function carrier etc, but the "franken" parts) for your camera. As an example, was the little dovetail that allows the rear standard to mount the function carrier salvaged, obtained from ARCA, or purpose mfg'ed? I wanted to say "it certainly looks very factory" but having seen all those cinematic iterations of the mad doctor's lab I not sure that you would take it as a compliment!
    Celac.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sweet!!!

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Kerry,

What did the weight finally arrive at?

Also what moves are on the back...I can't tell from the photo.

The compactness of the camera in closed position is very impressive

Is the bellows support an Arca accessory?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, that is VERY impressive to me. I would love to feed that baby sheet after sheet of film. Do you plan to make more?
    Bruce Osgood
    Chinese proverb
    "Print with #3.5 and burn with #1.5." B.J. Confucius
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/camclicker/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    That is one sweet camera! Looks like it has a bail? Really nice job Kerry.
    Dave,

The bail is courtesy of Richard Ritter. I made the rear frame (both metal and wood - the part with the finger joints on the corners), but Richard made the back. A man needs to know his limits.

Kerry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pelerin
    Kerry,
    If you have time could you post a note mentioning where you sourced parts (not the rail, function carrier etc, but the "franken" parts) for your camera. As an example, was the little dovetail that allows the rear standard to mount the function carrier salvaged, obtained from ARCA, or purpose mfg'ed? I wanted to say "it certainly looks very factory" but having seen all those cinematic iterations of the mad doctor's lab I not sure that you would take it as a compliment!
    Celac.
    Celac,

The dovetail plate was purpose manufacturered. The other metal pieces are made by a company called 8020 Inc. Their web site is www.8020.net.

Kerry

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin