Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,666   Online: 788

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What Jobo drum for the 8x20 negative?

I have a CPP2 and use Expert drums for 4x5, 5x7, and 8x0--I also process my 11x14 film in a Jobo print drum and like my system/ method. My question !! To process an 8x20 negative what drum do I need to locate---I'm not looking for the one that takes the special insert for that film size but rather I think the print drums do fine--I used a Beseler color drum with 7x17 but if something works on the Jobo then I'd prefer the temp control and use of the Jobo. Suggestions!! User feedback !! i've got my 8x20, film and my 355 G Claron and i'm ready but processing is an issue--I've never tray processed sheet film and 8x20 is a big schlong sheet!!
    josburke@bellsouth.net
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have the Expert drum for 8x10 already, you should be able to buy the Jobo drum extension model 2870. That will make make your current drum long enough for 8x20.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by P. Yee
    If you have the Expert drum for 8x10 already, you should be able to buy the Jobo drum extension model 2870. That will make make your current drum long enough for 8x20.
    I think expert drum are not compatiblw with the 2000 series. Anyhow, buy the 3063, it is waht most of us doing 12x20 use with the CPP. You can use the lid from one fo the other drums to keep it light tight, I dont like the cup thing.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I agree with Jorge. I use the 3063 now. It will hold 1-3 8x20's. I have used a 2850 (?) which will hold two 8x20's. I used the smaller series until about a year ago when a found 3063 for a good price.

It's easier to use the 3063 if your other drum are also the 3000 series drums. I was having to switch the lift back and forth between the two. Not a big deal, but something I don't have to do anymore.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Joe, I use the 2850 set. You can do 2 at a time. It also holds 2 7X17's. I use the big 3063 for 2 12X20's but am struggling with "tire tracks". These are areas of extra density on the neg where the 3 piece drum is joined. At each of those joints there are no ribs and the developer 'flows' more there and causes the un-equal density.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've been using the 3063 to develop three 7x17's at a time. It's still early in the game for me; so far I've run only a few tests of JandC 400 in 7x17. At first the negatives were coming out of the drum with some small patches of dye not cleared; soaking in a tray of Perma Wash fixed that, but I found the Forte emulsion to be vulnerable to scratches in handling. However, adding a Perma Wash step during the Jobo run, immediately after the fix and before the wash, cured that, and the negatives from my last batch looked great right out of the drum.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Those of you that use the 3063 for 7x17 negatives....do you just put the negatives in the drum, or do you have some additional hardware that holds the 7x17 film securely in the drum?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For those who use the 3063 or 2870 Jobo Drums for ULF films, e.g., 11x14, do you use a jobo clip pin with it? If not, do you do anthing special in lifting the sheet film away from the drum wall?

Shooter
    35mm
    I have the same question. I have been using 3005 for 8x10 but is moving to larger negatives (8x20). I have the 3063 but how to keep film in place?

Thanks!

Jim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Inside the 3063 drum there are a series of ridges. Two sets have ridges and one set has three.

Start with the set that has three and place the first 8x20 against the middle ridge. It will fit into the next set of ridges, then start the next negative against the other side of where the first one ended. Do the same thing a third time and you can place three 8x20 into the drum. I have not had any move from their spots during processing and I do not place any of the jobo clips over the film on the ridges.

I have seen the density build-up between the gaps in the ridges where the chemicals flow faster then they do over the ridges. I thought about adding some plastic to continue the ridges but chose to slow down the processor instead.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin