Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,997   Online: 836

Shooter
    4x5 Format

ULF film manufacturing

Hello world!

I havent made the step to ULF yet, i dont know if i will either. But i have read alot on the internet about it. Im intressted in the 11x14 format mainly, or rather 11x13, but thats an other story.

From what i can understand color film in avalible thru big orders only something like a 10 000 usd minimum order, wich can not be done for the hobby photographer that like big negatives or chromes.

Isnt it time that the film companys start to produce larger film sheets for "normal" purchase? or atleast lower the minimum order to something like 1000 usd, still much, but could be done for most of us. Or maybe do big production runs abit more often.

When digital had has its honey moon and ppl go back to film, some of thoose will try ULF. As i understand it ULF is growing so i think this would be a smart move.

My thoughts of this matter in the middle of the night.

Cheers Johannes

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    If you want color film, you are better off choosing 8x10", because there you have a choice of negative and positive color films, none of which are available in 11x14".
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin