Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,330   Posts: 1,537,197   Online: 868

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Pre-WWII there was also the Voigtländer Oxyn f:9 to f:15 - another 5/3 design, but half Heliar, half Dynar. Made in focal lengths up to 1700mm, it was only recommended for single-colour work due to lack of apo-correction.

The Oxyn was also replaced by the Apo-Skopar after WWII.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tourmie Green View Post
    Greetings.I have been reading with interest the threads on new lens designs.
    I am about to commission 7x17 ulf and would appreciate some guidance on
    bellows draw. I think a 600 c fujinon would be my max.focal length choice,but
    should I be making any allce in spec. to allow for the possibility of increased
    movements in a possible new lens design? I am aware of the size/weight against portability argument.I would like to move a little further than 100 yds.
    away from my 4x4. Early Christmas greetings to all APUG ulfers!
    The 600mm Fujinon-C should have more than enough coverage for you on 7X17 as it covers the format with quite a bit of movement. However, if you have enough bellows draw you may also find lenses in the 30"-35" range useful. One of my favorite lenses for 7X17 is a 30" Red Dot Artar.

Sandy King

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin