Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,551   Posts: 1,544,889   Online: 934

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel with ULF

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    When I have too much to carry on the plane (which I almost always do) I've packed an 8x10 wood camera in a hard suitcase, surrounded by lots of clothing, and never had a problem.

For what Ryan Air is charging for inter european flights right now I'd think about buying your 11x14 a seat of it's own. Just don't let 'er order too many cocktails during the flight---too much stroh rum and bellows cameras get all loosey-goosey.

It wouldn't be a pretty sight.

Cheers!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I carry on my 8x10 and smaller, but the pellican cases are great for such a thing. I would cut a small piece of plexiglass to cover the ground glass.

I have also had an airline employee tell me that I might buy a seat for the 12x20. I kindly refused her offer.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall
    I carry on my 8x10 and smaller, but the pellican cases are great for such a thing. I would cut a small piece of plexiglass to cover the ground glass.

I have also had an airline employee tell me that I might buy a seat for the 12x20. I kindly refused her offer.

John .. This will probably be an outside europe trip, with everything payed its going to be several houdreds if not thousands cheaper in the USA so im going to take tourist routs in the big apple.

Robert .. Those pellican casses seems nice, im going to get me one off those when i get the camera,

Thanks for the advices...

Cheers Johannes

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Just to put my two cents in I live in Florida and had my 8x20 shipped from vienna (sp). It cost me about 200 to ship UPS. but it got to me in perfect shape and the glass came in without a scratch.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin