Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,239   Online: 879

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Actually using a banquet camera for what it was intended ....

I have to say I have a much better appreciation for those group photographers from the early 1900s. The stress they likely felt.
    I took on the task of shooting a family portrait at the family reunion I had last weekend. So what better way than too shoot it with my 7x17 banquet camera. I mean it was intended for that.
    So there I was hoping like hell that one of the four negatives I forced my entire 32 person family to sit through turned out. As I ran from the camera to back in the group then repeated three more tmes. Hoping like hell I didnt mess anything up. So nervous about it. I shoot negatives ALOT. No image is truly repeatable. But I always have that voice in my head saying "you can go back if something goes wrong" this one wasnt at all repeatable and in my infinite wisdom I didnt even bother to bring a single additional camera. Just the 7x17 and the 8x10 for some single family portraits.

Apparently the photography gods were smiling on me. I think it might have been the fact I was wearing my grandfathers white shirt so he musta been smiling down from somewhere above.

Thought Id share it with all my fellow "banquet" shooters.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    nice shot scooter, I will be attempting the same at my reunion in Aug...did you use a bulb "cord"

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Preety darm cool Matt! Now do you have to make a print for everyone in that picture?!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bravo! I tried it with the 8X20 at my daughter's wedding and the god's frowned. I was way high in the Sierra's and the sky was black. About EV 8. I valiantly shot 2 sheets with the 355 G-Claron 1/2 sec f9. I never made prints. Still, they are record shots that I may come back to some time.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Matt congrats! Very cool, especially getting yourself in the image as well!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's what I call a family portrait

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi matt

i did that last year with a 5x7 ... ( 2 reunions ! )
    didn't come out as nice as this

great job!

john
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Fantastic! Thanks for sharing....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OUTSTANDING Matt!!! What a great story and shot. Really like the part of you waring your grandfathers white shirt...maybe I'm strange, but that somehow makes the story a bit more interesting and gotta tell you, when you print this...label each person in the picture on the back, along with the bit about the shirt..and anything else that is so cool about these shots. This is the stuff family history's are made of and someone, somewhere down the line will love you even more for it. BTW, nice looking bunch of folks...but then it makes more sense knowing what a great guy you are. Congratulations on the good work...look forward to seeing it in person.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt,

Very nice shot. You should be pleased and proud of the results.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin