Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,210   Posts: 1,531,979   Online: 1154

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The bellows is an old bellows from my 8x10 deardorff. It's still in pretty usable shape, even though I had jack deardorff replace it 10 years ago. I had been using my 8x10 heavily commercially for a long time, and there were some places I was concerned about. Also the camera was a early 50's deardorff just after the front swings were added, and it needed some adjusting. I bought it when I was in high school, used it in college, and in my business till digital took over about 7 years ago. I've had it for 30 years this fall. Now it's back to just for fun.
    I do plan on adding something to lock the front standard. Everything about this project is supposed to be cheap and (relatively) quick, so I can start taking photos. I'm going to start with aristo ortho film as it's a lot cheaper than regular film. Might have an interesting look too.
    Jamie

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Oh My!

Quote Originally Posted by jamie young
    Thought I would put up some info on my web site on my 20x24 "hobo" style camera.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.jamieyoungphoto.com/Homem...meras%201.html

I just have to clean up a few details, and will be ready to go. It's pretty rough looking, but should work fine. I'm planning on using a 8x10 protar 5, and a 270 WA G Claron to start. Both make round images on this format.
    Jamie Young
    Hey you all,

Check out Jaimie's site to see a collection of the world's largest contact print frames! :o :o :o

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrigan
    I have a Rusky 30x40 but it only weighs in at 23 pounds. I thought we had the same camera but maybe they are different. I'de like to see some pics of the one you have. Mine is clunky but it is mahogany and has huge leather bellows on it. ...
    The package when I received it weighed 19 kg, subtracting the holder and packaging gives me about 15kg. Unfortunately I don't have any kind of scale that goes higher than 2 kg, so I can't check it.

There's a picture of mine on the front page of www.mamutphoto.com - at least it was still there yesterday. It's certainly not mahogany, though - maybe varnished larch? Comparing it to my German walnut 24x30cm really shows off the differences in build quality and workmanship. The Germar one is going on 100 years, the Olga about 50. It's easy to see which one will last another century!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin