Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,984   Online: 837

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Will, The nude series that I have on exhibit now was shot with the rear half of a 14 1/2" verito. That makes it a 24" lens and it covers well without any loss of image quality as far as a contact print goes. I don't know what the diameter of the 18" verito's barrel is ( 22 1/4" with the replacement front element) so I'm not sure you could squeeze it on that small wisner board. Let me know if you can. I may have to look for some of the old rapid rectilinears. I think there was an 16x20 made that would fit. The other option would be having a custom- made front standard made but that would entail a new bellows too and I don't think I want to go that route. Any thoughts would be helpful

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerik
    Hey Dave,

Patrick Alt has a sweet Lotus 14x17. He also has a beautiful ROC 14x17 that he restored. Plus about a thousand other view cameras in literally every format ever produced (at least that's what he told me once).

Have you put that Versar on your camera yet? I'm curious what the approximate focal length is...
    Kerik,

Thanks for the info, also according to the info Will refered to me the f/6 Versar is 18.25 inches....I am going to try and put it on the camera this evening...

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

8.5 inch shutter!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerik
    Hey Dave,

Have you put that Versar on your camera yet? I'm curious what the approximate focal length is...
    Kerik,
    I had gotten a board thinking it would fit but the hole size is a bit too small, about 1/8"...I can have it cut larger but I am thinking of just having a metal one made at a machine shop....here are the measurements and focal lengths (2 lenses)

1. Versar 18.25" F/6---hole size needed is 95 mm /3.75" the shorter lens need a much larger hole as it is F/4
    2. Verito 14.5" F/4----takes a 105 mm or 4.25 inch hole

of interest...

I "picked up" an ilex shutter (huge!) that is 8.5 inches across. The center hole for threading the lens into is 4 3/8" id..has T B and 1 sec 1/2 , 1/5, 1/10, 1/25, 1/50, and 1/100 settings....know of the lens that would be for this shutter..F/6 24"?

as the hole size is about 4 3/8 it might be possible to use this on the Wisner board, the more I work with this I feel the toyo 6 inch boards are very funtional and practical for the front standard size for any one making
    an ULF camera...
    Last edited by Dave Wooten; 07-19-2006 at 10:11 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: speling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin