Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,289   Online: 924

Shooter
    Multi Format

12x20 - gave back camera today *sob sob*

I returned the 12x20 that I was borrowing this afternoon. I miss it already.

I made 35-ish negatives this summer, about 10 of which are really printable.

I've only done Gelatin Silver prints from them, so some alt. processes are next.

I really like that format and negative size. Time to start looking for a camera for real I think.

Didn't someone recently get a steal on an F&S? *hint hint*

I have a hint that the camera may be available in the future, but I think I'd like to start exploring the possibility of living with one on a full-time basis.
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What a bummer! Oh well, I know you had fun with it while you had it. As for getting a camera that size, go for it!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    MPEX still seems to have the 12x20 Canham they brought to Rockford LF conference. At the time they had two film holders. Big price, new retail price for used, but no wait for construction. Wish I could carry the hardware. Wish I could carry the price. If you can, as Diane says, go for it.

John Powers

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Michael, I hope you took a lot of pictures of the camera itself! You could always build one!! Yes it takes a lot of time and the cost could be, well who knows, less, more? It is great satisfaction. Just a thought. Good luck.

Stay Focused ....or Soft Focused!!

Jim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sorry Michael. I hope you will consider purchasing one.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Michael,

Talk to Steve Beyer (jmail@xbs.us), he had one for sale in a photo.net posting a while back for a reasonable price. Or as reasonable as one might get with such a camera. I would have bought it, but the format wasn't my speed...

--A

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin