Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,443   Online: 877

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisner help.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Wisner help.

I have a 4x5 Tech field camera with a graf lock back. The left hand spring that holds the ground glass to the frame snapped in two and I lost the thumb screw that holds down that side is lost.
    I tried SK Grimes and Richard Ritter for replacement parts and I hope to hear from them soon. But, maybe some of you apuggers may also offer advice?
    I hate to lose my Graf lok back.
    Thanks
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a parts catalog that caters to the watch maker industry. It is called "Small Parts" Check them out and see if they have what you need.
    Non Digital Diva

Call or e-mail Ron Wisner. He has many parts in stock right now. Emile/www.deleon-ulf.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have understood Ron to say that he was still servicing his cameras even though manufacturing is down for now.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller
    I have understood Ron to say that he was still servicing his cameras even though manufacturing is down for now.
    Does anyone know what happened?

Ron is in the process of downsizing the company. I was at his place last week and they were busy with orders. He is having a new building built (3/4's done now) and this should be ready in a couple of months. Marie (his head woodworker) will be building the cameras from now on and ULF will be the only cameras being made. "P" lightweight ULF models will be the only cameras available. As far as I can tell no 8x10's or smaller will be built. Things could change but that is what is going on now to the forseeable future. He will take new orders from dealers only. Emile/www.deleon-ulf.com .

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    For what it's worth, I have emailed Ron Wisner three times in the last two months regarding the purchase of a 4x5 lens board and have received zero responses. This is disturbing since I have been a customer buying directly from him since 1991.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Robert:

I can make replacements for those parts. Please email me at barryjyoung@yahoo.com if you would like parts made.

Thank you.

Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Quote Originally Posted by Robert8x10
    I have a 4x5 Tech field camera with a graf lock back. The left hand spring that holds the ground glass to the frame snapped in two and I lost the thumb screw that holds down that side is lost.
    I tried SK Grimes and Richard Ritter for replacement parts and I hope to hear from them soon. But, maybe some of you apuggers may also offer advice?
    I hate to lose my Graf lok back.
    Thanks
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Large Format

Call Richard Ritter

Quote Originally Posted by garysamson
    For what it's worth, I have emailed Ron Wisner three times in the last two months regarding the purchase of a 4x5 lens board and have received zero responses. This is disturbing since I have been a customer buying directly from him since 1991.
    Would suggest contacting Richard Ritter. Excellent service and very reasonable pricing. His website:

http://www.lg4mat.net/

Sincerely,

Hany.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by barryjyoung
    Hi Robert:

I can make replacements for those parts. Please email me at barryjyoung@yahoo.com if you would like parts made.

Thank you.

Barry Young
    Young Camera Company
    Barry that is nice to know! Let s spread the word

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin