Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,171   Online: 728

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The giant tripod base is becuse it's the bottom half of a Cirkut Camera tripod. Looks like it's modified ie. gear removed etc so unuseable for a cirkut. I think this seller walks into Samy's Camera down on Fairfax in LA then doubles whatever price they have. And their prices are untenable. His are just insane. At Ebay's latest prices he's paying a bunch for our entertainment.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sparky I think you are right, a good machinist could do it and then have the bellows made. But, If you hire to have it done it ain't going to be cheap...a 7x17 Canham is $6000.00 without the holders (IMHO a much more usable and and desirable camera design) So I don t know what Mr. Canham would charge to make a 14 x 17?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    So I don t know what Mr. Canham would charge to make a 14 x 17?
    $6600 - it's on his new price list.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    "We will assist you with the Customs Declaration Form to address your individual needs.Please inquire with your special requests.We will make this a pleasant shopping experience." This couldn't be more blatant. Makes me wonder if he will be as honest with the buyer.

John Powers

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874
    "We will assist you with the Customs Declaration Form to address your individual needs.Please inquire with your special requests.We will make this a pleasant shopping experience." This couldn't be more blatant. Makes me wonder if he will be as honest with the buyer.

John Powers
    Hi John,

What's the camera "Worth" ? A Canham at 6600 is a better choice IMHO.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad
    $6600 - it's on his new price list.
    Thanks Oren, I was nt aware of the new list.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The camera price does appear high, but I am not that knowledgeable. Certainly the the new Canham would be a better choice, but as has been mentioned, this camera comes with the tripod and the holders. If you didn't own a big Ries or something equivalent or even a Gitzo Carbon Fiber like the 1548 there would also be another big outlay for the tripod.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you think that this is goofy, take a gander at the ULF (12X16) Durst enlargers up on Ebay now. Jensen looks to be cleaning out the warehouse because you have your choice of three.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller
    If you think that this is goofy, take a gander at the ULF (12X16) Durst enlargers up on Ebay now. Jensen looks to be cleaning out the warehouse because you have your choice of three.

Darn! Foiled again ! 12 x 16 is just a bit shy for a 14 x 17 neg.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    Darn! Foiled again ! 12 x 16 is just a bit shy for a 14 x 17 neg.
    I bet that with enough money, Jensen will build about anything that you want. Imagine how large you go blow up a 14X17 neg....

That would put you up in the Clyde Butcher catagory. You could be the Ansel of Sin City. Hell of a deal.

I predict fame and fortune. Go for it...
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin