Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,549   Posts: 1,599,026   Online: 799

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    Thanks Oren, I was nt aware of the new list.
    No problem - I didn't see it myself until just the other day, figured I'd post the link since others might be in the same boat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Boy what a shame to see a #16 cirkut tripod being used like this.
    Having had one made for my camera, and knowing the rarity of it, it's upsetting to see it used this way.
    Jamie Young

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi John,

What's the camera "Worth" ? A Canham at 6600 is a better choice IMHO.

but does that include a handfull of film holders ?
    at 525$ each ( filmholders.com ) 5 filmholders comes to:$2625
    hmmm even overpriced ebay doesn't seem like that bad of a deal

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian
    but does that include a handfull of film holders ?
    at 525$ each ( filmholders.com ) 5 filmholders comes to:$2625
    hmmm even overpriced ebay doesn't seem like that bad of a deal
    Well there you go....if you are in the market and set on that format, it is not that easy of a decision....what one hopes is that the camera is sound....nothing more frustrating than to pay 8 bucks or so for film, load it, work up a shot and get home and find out all is ruined because of poor registration, light leaks or termites.....I have a hundred year old 5 x 7 that works really well...if one is going to really dedicate a lot of time and years to the format, the new one could turn out to be the best investment...lighter weight, easily repaired etc...on movements, the one I use most is front rise..to see over the fence or cut out the street below...if one was in the market for the format, and 4500 was too much, what would one be willing to pay...?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well there you go....if you are in the market and set on that format, it is not that easy of a decision....what one hopes is that the camera is sound....nothing more frustrating than to pay 8 bucks or so for film, load it, work up a shot and get home and find out all is ruined because of poor registration, light leaks or termites.....I have a hundred year old 5 x 7 that works really well...if one is going to really dedicate a lot of time and years to the format, the new one could turn out to be the best investment...lighter weight, easily repaired etc...on movements, the one I use most is front rise..to see over the fence or cut out the street below...if one was in the market for the format, and 4500 was too much, what would one be willing to pay...?

i know what you mean dave. at least a new one you know it'll work, and work well

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Interest in the format is growing! there is a serious photographer on the east coast-just acquired an Empire 14 x 17 and another major voice in photography in the west, yea even a sage, just acquired a Wisner 14 x 17, :o and I learned on this thread that Canham has added the 14 x 17 to his catalog (and also a new 20 x 24 special order)...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've bought a couple of items from this guy. He tends to be overpriced and I would read his descriptions very conservatively, but sometimes things will sit unsold for a year, and he'll drop the price to something reasonable if not cheap, and if it's a good item, it may be worth it.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Darn! Foiled again ! 12 x 16 is just a bit shy for a 14 x 17 neg.
    Would be nice for my 30x40cm camera, but at a price that's ridiculously higher than the camera.

Nah - I think I'd rather sell the camera!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have you looked at his other items for sale? Everything seems to be around $1000 - $2500. Even things I would expect to pay about £200 ($380) for.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Large Format

8X20 Folmer & Schwing

Another beauty for sale. Is there an increasing demand for ULFs or a glut on market?
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin