Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,550   Online: 1100

Shooter
    Large Format

Richard Ritter's ULF Cameras

Check out Richard Ritter's ULF cameras at http://www.lg4mat.net/ulfcamera.html

Very smart lookking camera. I understand he has finally started production.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I've been hounding Richard to put me on a list for an 8x20 for at least six months, he did some real nice work for Richard here in Chicago.

Does anyone know if he is taking any orders yet?

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    As I understand Richard's web page, he adds your name to his list and once he determines his current production run he will notify those whose orders he expects to fill. For example if he is going to make 6 8x20 cameras and your name is one of the first six, you will hear from him; if your name is number nine, you will not hear from him until perhaps next year's production is worked out.

You see, Richard lived through the Zone VI camera fiasco when Picker and Wisner parted ways and Fred sold a lot of cameras and then it took a very long time (perhaps more than 18 months) for production to fill those orders. I'm sure this lead to some unhappy customers and a lot of pressure on Richard to fill those orders ASAP. My understanding is that Richard wants to avoid that this time around and so he will not commit a delivery date for your camera until he is sure he can fill it in a reasonable time period.

John

Shooter
    Large Format
    As John has said I am taking a different approach to taking orders. Because as life has it and you think eveything is running smoothly and the train derails. I was getting ready to order glass when I found out that my glass supplier is running around 10 weeks out. I am looking into other scorces. One thing I learned from the days of Zone VI there is always another way around the problem. So people on the list for 8 x 20 & 10 x 20 cameras may have to wait a little longer to get notices.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard T Ritter
    As John has said I am taking a different approach to taking orders. Because as life has it and you think eveything is running smoothly and the train derails. I was getting ready to order glass when I found out that my glass supplier is running around 10 weeks out. I am looking into other scorces. One thing I learned from the days of Zone VI there is always another way around the problem. So people on the list for 8 x 20 & 10 x 20 cameras may have to wait a little longer to get notices.
    And wait I will, thank you sir's.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Had a long talk with Dave Packer and we are on the same way lenght about delivery times.
    With that said I am in the process of working out a production time line for deliver of cameras for next year so it will not interfere with repair work. This would be for all new inquirers from this date (9/2/06) forward. People who are on the list as of today will be receiving notices in the next week.

Richard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin