Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,526   Posts: 1,572,361   Online: 1046

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike

It's not perfect, but it works really well and it is pretty inexpensive and light (around 4 pounds I think). I would prefer a flat shelf, but the lightware case I use sits just fine. There are other options for "cargo frames" - this is probably the best (and I think it's reflected in the price which I think is around $350): http://kifaru.net/FREIGHTR.HTM

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I've drooled over Kifaru gear a while back, but sheesh are they pricey.
    Is there anywhere on the Azora site that gives you dimmensions for the frame?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Donsta
    Mike

It's not perfect, but it works really well and it is pretty inexpensive and light (around 4 pounds I think). I would prefer a flat shelf, but the lightware case I use sits just fine. There are other options for "cargo frames" - this is probably the best (and I think it's reflected in the price which I think is around $350): http://kifaru.net/FREIGHTR.HTM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike

I didn't see any dimensions - I will measure it later this evening if you like.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pandino
    Okay, I finally got film holders for my 11x14 B&J and...
    I must say that it was a little more involved than I expected. Getting it on the tripod, carrying the film holder and meter, leveling the camera, focusing, etc...
    In a previous thread I posted some pics showing the tripod cradle I made for my 11x14 B&J. It really simplifies attaching that monster to the tripod and balancing it. The camera slides right in and is locked in place via two thumbscrews. It is a quick-release system that works very well.

To transport it I bought a used 3-wheel jogging strolling and built a box that holds the 11x14. A colleague welded some large washers to the frame to facilitate strapping gear and the box to it using bungee cords.

I usually only take 4 holders with me. I always use some sort of viewfinder (a cut-out card as mentioned previously, or the old L-shaped two hand-routine) to determine where to put the camera before I ever set-up for a shot.

And then there's the portable wetplate collodion darkbox that goes along too...

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smieglitz
    In a previous thread I posted some pics showing the tripod cradle I made for my 11x14 B&J. It really simplifies attaching that monster to the tripod and balancing it. The camera slides right in and is locked in place via two thumbscrews. It is a quick-release system that works very well.

To transport it I bought a used 3-wheel jogging strolling and built a box that holds the 11x14. A colleague welded some large washers to the frame to facilitate strapping gear and the box to it using bungee cords.

I usually only take 4 holders with me. I always use some sort of viewfinder (a cut-out card as mentioned previously, or the old L-shaped two hand-routine) to determine where to put the camera before I ever set-up for a shot.

And then there's the portable wetplate collodion darkbox that goes along too...

Joe
    Joe,
    I've seen that picture of your cradle before and it looks perfect. Very clever setup. It allows you to center the weight of the camera over the head.

The way the camera is designed, the rear standard is cantilevered way out there when using short lenses and no extension rail. I guess B&J figured they could design cameras without the input of an engineer.

Unfortunately, I'm not quite skilled enough to replicate the cradle, let alone your darkbox. You're a freak!

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
    I've drooled over Kifaru gear a while back, but sheesh are they pricey.
    Is there anywhere on the Azora site that gives you dimmensions for the frame?

Mike
    Hey guys,

I know this thread is looong dead, but it still shows up in Google. So, to help those out there who still encounter it, I just wanted to let everyone know that Azora's business was bought by a new company called Pack Rabbit. Pack Rabbit still manufactures the frames locally here in Garland, Texas (Dallas metro). You can find the Pack Mules here: https://pack-rabbit.com/shop/large-frame, and they now make a smaller frame for women and children, called the Pack Rabbit. I know my GF, at 5'2", is definitely a Pack Rabbit candidate, haha.

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone who was looking for the old Azora packs. They're still around! They just went underground and came up with a new owner! :-)

Last edited by Palomino; 10-14-2014 at 03:33 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: formatting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin