Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,708   Online: 932

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten View Post
    Will, for adding layers of gum etc it works fine and keeps from damaging the neg...Irving Penn used a similar technique on his platinum portraits-I think- for silver contact-and Pl Pal- usually just straight to the paper..
    This may be an even better application for the LI polyester film material. Will, let us know what you think about the stuff once you try it. Being a transparent film it may be better to print through than a film sleeve. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    I am not exactly sure if we are in fact talking about the same product. I called Catherine this afternoon and was told that she will be back in the office on Monday. When I get an answer I will let you know.

Cheers!
    I spoke to Catherine this afternoon and the product you made reference to is NOT the same product that I ordered and Michael Smith both recommends and uses. The paper that Conservation Resources is folding for me in my order is buffered and from another source than what is linked to at the beginning of this post.

With these folders, the negative boxes and the drop front boxes print boxes I should be covered.

Cheers!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I use the LI polyester on my 7 x 17 negs no problem. It's the most affordable solution I could find. I haven't scratched anything. As far as long term archival storage....I'll leave that to the experts...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    I spoke to Catherine this afternoon and the product you made reference to is NOT the same product that I ordered and Michael Smith both recommends and uses. The paper that Conservation Resources is folding for me in my order is buffered and from another source than what is linked to at the beginning of this post.

With these folders, the negative boxes and the drop front boxes print boxes I should be covered.

Cheers!
    I am fresh out of polyester sleeves for both 7X17 and 12X20 so entered this game a few days ago. I bought several of the ULF storage boxes for 7X17 and 12X20 fim from Hollinger and asked them for a quote on paper and polyester negative sleeves. After careful consideration I decided to buy the Apollo paper, *not* tissue, from Light Impressions, and fold my own. For 7X17 and 12X20 the paper is offered in sizes that basically allow you to just double it over for the 7X17 and 12X20 format, and I chose the slightly heavier paper ove the tissue for protection, even though it will take up more space in the boxes.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    I am fresh out of polyester sleeves for both 7X17 and 12X20 so entered this game a few days ago. I bought several of the ULF storage boxes for 7X17 and 12X20 fim from Hollinger and asked them for a quote on paper and polyester negative sleeves. After careful consideration I decided to buy the Apollo paper, *not* tissue, from Light Impressions, and fold my own. For 7X17 and 12X20 the paper is offered in sizes that basically allow you to just double it over for the 7X17 and 12X20 format, and I chose the slightly heavier paper ove the tissue for protection, even though it will take up more space in the boxes.

Sandy
    I got my invoice from Conservation Resources and here is what they charged me for my folders out of the special archival paper:

4x5 - $0.35 each
    5x7 - $0.45 each
    8x10 - $0.36 each (volume discount for 500)
    11x14 - $0.69 each
    8x20 - $0.76 each
    12x20 - $1.00 each

Cheers!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    My experience with Hollinger has been a positive one. My first order was for boxes to store matted prints in at a custom size. (16x28 for 8x20 prints). This went off without a hitch and the boxes were just fine. Today I received the boxes I ordered for my negatives. These are suppose to be 20 3/4 x 8 3/4" x 2" deep. The boxes I got were 20 3/4" x 6 3/4" x 8 3/4" deep. Now these would work if I put the negatives in on edge or just turn the box on its side and put a rubber band around the lid to keep it secure but this is not what I ordered. So now I have two boxes that will hold a lot more negatives but still not what I ordered. I give Hollinger a call and explain it to them. The guy said with out any hesitation, "let me call you right back." Two hours later he calls and tells me that the right boxes have been shipped and that he threw in an extra box. So three were shipped instead of just the two I ordered. He also said to keep the other boxes and do what I would like with them and was very apologetic about the mix up. That kind of customer service is why I would buy from them even if their prices were higher than a competitor's. I now have 5 boxes instead of two and 5 times more storage area for negatives. Kudos to Hollinger.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin