Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,133   Online: 1073

Shooter
    Multi Format

Interesting??????????

I thought you might wanna see this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/70-INCH-GOERZ-RE...QQcmdZViewItem

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Crazy.
    "Since the fact that we exist at all is nothing more than banal, we might just as well make something grand out of it Ö"

Francis Bacon

http://www.williamlinne.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's the one that you screw into the back door of a U-Haul truck with an 8' X8' plate inside ready to be exposed. Back it up to Big Bend and Voila.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Now wait until some clown in Asia "phishes" this listing and posts an "identical" one with a BIN of $1000!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    That's the one that you screw into the back door of a U-Haul truck with an 8' X8' plate inside ready to be exposed. Back it up to Big Bend and Voila.
    Hey Jimmy!

I donít think that U-Haul going to like that much when you drill a hole on the back of their truck! I mean itís not gonna be a little un-noticeable hole is it? Otherwise itís gonna be an expensive business! Buy the lens buy the truck and than whom the hell gonna deliver film to it? I would certainly secure that film supply before I invest on the rest! But, you could be the subject for the Guinness book of records! And hey, thatís something isnít it?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by uraniumnitrate View Post
    Hey Jimmy!

I donít think that U-Haul going to like that much when you drill a hole on the back of their truck! I mean itís not gonna be a little un-noticeable hole is it? Otherwise itís gonna be an expensive business! Buy the lens buy the truck and than whom the hell gonna deliver film to it? I would certainly secure that film supply before I invest on the rest! But, you could be the subject for the Guinness book of records! And hey, thatís something isnít it?
    Wet plate. You'd have all your chems ready when the door gets shut. Pour, tilt, expose, process, done. Make sure there's some oxygen in the 'self contained breathing apparatus. What d'ya think Frankie?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    Wet plate. You'd have all your chems ready when the door gets shut. Pour, tilt, expose, process, done. Make sure there's some oxygen in the 'self contained breathing apparatus. What d'ya think Frankie?
    Yeah, it could be so! You know what they say? sometimes the simplest sollutions works best but, than again U-Haul is going to be a problem!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Now wait until some clown in Asia "phishes" this listing and posts an "identical" one with a BIN of $1000!
    Your guesses not that far from reallity! Only Asia is bidding! Korea, Korea South. Taiwan. China. Don't they have a photographer in Vietnam or Laos?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You know you are right about this ĒclownĒ thing! Just looked this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Linhof-Technika-...QQcmdZViewItem

I have seen this sold just a couple months ago here in Europe and just looked that! It will back again but to America! For a much higher price of course!

I wonder who the hell going to use that 70 ď Goerz over there! I donít think that ďshenhoahoopĒ or what ever the name is of that a camera can hold that lens! Of course they are going to sell it back! But you know who the bigger clown is! Who buys it back!

Part two!

Whatís wrong with this picture??

Now, this guy (a seller) comes up from nothing and begins to sell ULF film holders which are in my opinion not very common in Asia!! Or? Tell me if Iím wrong won't you?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-x20-plastic-f...QQcmdZViewItem

Now, heís got 2 very nice positive feedbacks! If you go in and check his profile than you will see that he have already sold two ULF holders which he probobly not even know what is it or what it's for but neverless got nice positive feedback for! Of course this means that the buyer had already received those holders well and safe! Right?

But if you go and check the buyerís feedback you will not find anything there from this nice 2 positive feedback seller!

How the hell could it be? Did he forget? Or the buyer doesnít care? no it's just that they are regitered all over the place and rip you off!

I tell you man this guys this is a Chin mafia! The question is when you gonna learn? At least we know this here in Europe we learned how things are but you guys still being ripped off!

Now they call me a racist and things like this, but I tell you some! This fotoman guy and that Buz guy with his Shanghai film! They can all go and take a walk! I know one thing no more Chin thing in my house! Just remember what Bush said the other day, itís enough polyester here already!
    Last edited by uraniumnitrate; 12-02-2006 at 05:58 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: forgot something

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Part 3

One more important thing is this! If you find something which wasnít made in Asia and up for sale from over there, than itís almost certainly item they have brought here in Europe or somewhere else cheap and therefore a large profit on. Now if you just let it be to buy it than it will stop as they canít get away with it! The end of the day itís you who decide the more you by back the more items come up for sale and of course your prices going to be higher and higher! To speed up things nowadays one guy buys and another one selling it right away.

Iím off from this thread from now on!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin