Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,314   Online: 886

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

As an FYI we did make ULF film available to our distributors in Europe, the issue is onward sales to resellers and holding stock, it is a tiny market, but one that we do care about, we will make it available to them again and I know for sure Silverprint in the UK bought quite a few of the sizes that were available last time. I will also post the names of any of our distributors in Europe who buy it.

Regards

Simon. ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited:

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear All,

As an FYI we did make ULF film available to our distributors in Europe, the issue is onward sales to resellers and holding stock, it is a tiny market, but one that we do care about, we will make it available to them again and I know for sure Silverprint in the UK bought quite a few of the sizes that were available last time. I will also post the names of any of our distributors in Europe who buy it.

Regards

I hope the distros jump into that.

Thank you Simon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by uraniumnitrate View Post
    Now why would Ilford jump into that? It's a very small market and there is many actors like J&C, Bergger, Forte ,Foma, efke, Europan. Ecxept one those are all European If....! And of course you never know what's coming out of China in the future either?
    It would be good business to support ULF customers, especially if they also buy their other products e.g. Paper & Chemicals.

I look forward to new products from China. Items I buy from China incur much cheaper shipping costs than from the USA.

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear All,
    Snip...

I know for sure Silverprint in the UK bought quite a few of the sizes that were available last time.

Regards

I refer you to Andrew Forresters's post during the last ULF run...

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...rd+silverprint

Perhaps Martin at Silverprint can enlighten us as to what film they were offered?

Barry

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yep, I was figuring it had something to do with the onward sales - I think there is a demand in Europe (even if it is small compared to the US) but it's hard to find somewhere to buy it from.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryWilkinson View Post
    I look forward to new products from China. Items I buy from China incur much cheaper shipping costs than from the USA.

Barry
    Yeah it's there to see but I still wonder how many ULF that is over 8x10 are in Europe. I think It's maybe 50 units at most. And that is not going to be a good argument for storing a lots of ULF film in many sizes. I know 5 in Europe and they all got different sizes. Mostly they by a package now and than so just think about that.

Listen, I just come to think about two things. Actually I believe it's a lot more talkers than owners of ULF stuff in this site and in Europe general also the guy who sells Europan delivers everything with in two weeks if you prepared to by a minimum order. So what we are talking about here it's a factory fresh film! Not stored in ages somewhere! And that is makes a lots of sense to me.
    Last edited by uraniumnitrate; 12-20-2006 at 05:08 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: forgot some

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by uraniumnitrate View Post
    Yeah it's there to see but I still wonder how many ULF that is over 8x10 are in Europe. I think It's maybe 50 units at most. And that is not going to be a good argument for storing a lots of ULF film in many sizes. I know 5 in Europe and they all got different sizes. Mostly they by a package now and than so just think about that.

Listen, I just come to think about two things. Actually I believe it's a lot more talkers than owners of ULF stuff in this site and in Europe general also the guy who sells Europan delivers everything with in two weeks if you prepared to by a minimum order. So what we are talking about here it's a factory fresh film! Not stored in ages somewhere! And that is makes a lots of sense to me.
    I also don't know how many ULF users there are in Europe. I mentioned China because there are at least two ULF manufacturers there so someone may start ULF film cutting? It would be nice to have some alternatives.

As I said in my earlier post, I now have quite a lot of film at this time. When my stocks deplete I'll talk you you about European film.

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryWilkinson View Post
    I also don't know how many ULF users there are in Europe. I mentioned China because there are at least two ULF manufacturers there so someone may start ULF film cutting? It would be nice to have some alternatives.

As I said in my earlier post, I now have quite a lot of film at this time. When my stocks deplete I'll talk you you about European film.

Barry
    Yeah it's difficult to know as here in Europe some people building their own cameras!
    For example “Argus” that is his alias/user name here otherwise his name is Geert and lives in Belgium! He manufactured a 7x17 camera and holders to it! A handy guy, seen picks of the camera look real nice so as the holders. Do you know that he manufacture ground glasses too nowadays for all view cameras? So if you have a problem talk to him with confidence. He also do glasses with grid.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Well, I understand that J&C won't accept orders for the next run of ULF Ilford film after Jan 15th, 2007. Is this my only option to get 14x17 HP5 or HP4 shipped to continental Europe or there is some source in Europe as well for this run?

Any alternative to Ilford in Continental Europe? Efke/Adox and Bergger, that's it? And what is your preferred source for them? I am only interested in 14x17.

Thanks a million.

Marco

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mammolo View Post
    Well, I understand that J&C won't accept orders for the next run of ULF Ilford film after Jan 15th, 2007. Is this my only option to get 14x17 HP5 or HP4 shipped to continental Europe or there is some source in Europe as well for this run?

Any alternative to Ilford in Continental Europe? Efke/Adox and Bergger, that's it? And what is your preferred source for them? I am only interested in 14x17.

Thanks a million.

Marco
    Interestingly, HP5+ in 11x14 (and 12x20) is not shown as 'Special Order' in the current Ilford catalogue. Note FP4+ is. It would be interesting to place an order.

See http://www.ilfordphoto.com/products/...essional+Films

Barry

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin