Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,649   Posts: 1,481,296   Online: 840

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just in case you were wondering about Wisner...

Ron is back in business again. New workshop, new location, new attitude. I just receive an abolutely beautiful 8x10 from him for sale. The workmanship is the best I've ever seen. If you want to check this 8x10 out please go to my website www.deleon-ulf.com . You may be pleasantly surprised. This is a very welcome turn of events for me as a dealer. The cameras will no longer be produced in runs. They will be built one by one with more care and improved design. This one is super smooth with a Deardorff style plate on the tripod mount. Emile

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's GREAT News! I love my Wisner TF 4x5 and would love to look into getting an 8x10. I wish Ron all the success in the world!
    -
    Daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never owned one but wish Ron and company all the best.

Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Good news indeed. I hope this marks the dawn of a new day for Ron and his business.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Whats his contact information?

I've tried calling. I've tried email. I've tried snail mail and no replies.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Emile de Leon View Post
    Ron is back in business again. New workshop, new location, new attitude.

The cameras will no longer be produced in runs. They will be built one by one with more care and improved design.
    Emile - Your statements are a bit dealer-esque.

"New attitude"? Ron will never be a service-oriented businessman but, if he finds someone qualified to do that end of things for him, hires a real-live service manager ... I'll train my pet pig to fly smoke-trailed barrel-rolls over the entire state of Massachusetts.

"No more production runs"?. "More care"?. You infer Wisner quality is now subsantially improved where it has never been an issue. This man's commitment to perfection has always been his great strength ... and his greatest nemesis. I have a 98 8x10 Expedition that took six months to put together after the whole thing was charged to my chargecard at the get-go without my OK ... BUT, it was built, is now being built, and hopefully always will be built individually with the greatest of care. Ron did do some Zone XXX cameras, maybe this is of what you speak?

So, it's a bit loose-in-the-copy to imply the Wisner camera you hope to sell is superior to the Wisner camera of the dirty, slack, past ... though the Deardorff-type mounting flange is nice new touch if that's a biggy for anybody.

I do hope you and Ron both prosper the coming New Year - good for you but also for us weirdos that love LF - and those folks insane-enough to tackle ULF.

Respectfully submitted,

Bruce

A thought: You know the ropes, you're right close to the Wisner thing, why don't YOU become the service manager!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A thought: You know the ropes, you're right close to the Wisner thing, why don't YOU become the service manager!![/QUOTE]

Darn it! From the sound of this. I won' t be able to get my Spring for my roll back repaired any time soon.
    :[
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

This is a step in the right direction for sure. I just hope that the streamlining of the operations result in improved cost infrastructure and customer services take a step up to the acceptable category. Not taking full payment up front will be an improvement as will just filling orders in a reasonable manner will. At this stage we can cross our fingers and hope that a new chapter will be written.

The competition in this product sector is coming from overseas so having a reason to financially support a domestic camera maker makes perfect sense. I wish the company only the best. The more people purchase LF and ULF cameras the more film will be produced and we will be making analog images many years into the future.

Cheers!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Emile de Leon View Post
    Ron is back in business again. New workshop, new location, new attitude. *snip* Emile
    Emile,
    Overall I think that this perception is good for the LF community. I hope the short term perception becomes a long term reality. I would venture, based on my own very recent personal experience, that current, non-dealer owners of Ron's camera's are not benefiting from Wisner Part Deux, a New Attitude.

I have initiated several communications regarding 5x7 PE Technika adapters over last 3-4 months. All have gone without a even simple response. A small, probably zero gross margin part that may no longer be available through Ron. But any response, even a response that states NLA is costless and priceless

Here is hoping, that at least for resellers of the Wisner products, there is a business-like future.

Thanks for sharing,
    Geary
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for, and your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. – John Prine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by galyons View Post
    I have initiated several communications regarding 5x7 PE Technika adapters over last 3-4 months.
    I'm really curious. What is a 5x7 PE Technika adapter? Is it an accessory for 5x7 Technikas, or does it convert a 4x5 Technika to 5x7? I understand that Linhof made the latter for a while, quite some time ago (Technika iii or iv era).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin