Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,618   Online: 989

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

8X20 on Ebay, but it's not about the camera,...

...it has the first 12X15 Series V protar I've ever seen surfaced. No worries about me bidding, I can only dream. A Series V 12X15 is 12 3/8" 313mm and will cover 20X24. Quite a lens. In the pics it looks like a 12X20, not 8X20 but that just could be distortion.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

It'll be fun to watch. Maybe I'll go to the bank.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I noticed it this morning. I'd agree about being 12x20 as its dimensions don't look right compared to my Korona 8x20 and the bellows extension he lists is a few inches longer than my camera's. Not sure how you read the lens size. I stared for a few minutes and couldn't read it, and didn't want to get my fever raised by asking what size it was.

By the by, since we're talking spoilers here, it's not ULF but there's also a complete 5x7 Elwood enlarger with 5x7 film tray going for almost nothing but pick-up in Erie, PA. If I didn't already have one I might have considered swinging out that way on a photo trip. They don't go for much because of their weight and age, but this one looks very complete. Be a shame to see it just thrown out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bet you could buy the lot and get enough for the camera alone to pay for the lens.
    art is about managing compromise

Shooter
    Large Format
    It looks like the 12X20 that I had. However mine had a BandJ back installed and mine had been modified for 36 inches of bellows draw.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's the earliest Banquet I've seen. Never seen the Seebold Invisible Camera Corp. brass tag before. Whoever dreamed up that name needs a place in the inventive name hall of fame.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    It's the earliest Banquet I've seen. Never seen the Seebold Invisible Camera Corp. brass tag before. Whoever dreamed up that name needs a place in the inventive name hall of fame.
    Has a bit of a Get Smart feel to it.

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    By the by, since we're talking spoilers here, it's not ULF but there's also a complete 5x7 Elwood enlarger with 5x7 film tray going for almost nothing but pick-up in Erie, PA.
    If you decide to pick this up and part it out, I could use the film tray and filter tray. I have the same enlarger complete except for those two parts.

cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley View Post
    If you decide to pick this up and part it out, I could use the film tray and filter tray. I have the same enlarger complete except for those two parts.

cheers
    I'm in the same boat, but Erie is a long haul out there for a few parts that I can probably make with some simple tools.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    It'll be fun to watch. Maybe I'll go to the bank.
    Oh, boy.... Here we go again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seller responded: It's a 12x20.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin