Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,983   Posts: 1,523,906   Online: 1039

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dozer View Post
    Thanks for all the compliments. I hope to be using it soon.

Tim - I don't have an accurate scale, but it appears to weight in at about 14 - 15 lbs. I believe that this is a little heavier than most 8 x 20's, but I suspected ahead of time that with it's capacity for both vertical and horizontal formats, it would have more parts/pieces in it. However, add on the Majestic tripod head and surveyors tripod and this is a real beast.
    14-15lbs for a 8x10 is VERY lightweight. My old 8x10 Calumet weights about that. The 11x14 B&J weights close to 30lbs.

You should pick up an old or new Ries Model-A for that camera. It would be alot lighter and easier to use and carry. I've seen those heads you have, and they are WAY too heavy to use with any camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan, good job in keeping it light. My B&J 8x10 comes in at 17#, so you've done a great job at keeping things in line. Now its time to go out and shoot. Best, tim

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Wow, that is a beautiful camera! Do you make the holders by yourself too?

Alex W.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Alex,

This will be my first attempt at building film holders (although it was my first attempt at building a camera also). I have put together a prototype to test out some ideas and learned a lot. I need to make some changes from the prototype, but I think it will all work.

I've also been keeping a journal of plans, drawings, and photo's through the whole process and will be making it available in the future. I'll let everyone know when I get it done. It has turned out to be quite a long project as well. I originally thought it would be 20 - 30 pages but is has snowballed to nearly 150 pages and growing.

Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks, Dan. Best wishes to your project and enjoy it.

Alex W.

Shooter
    Multi Format

congratulations

Dan!
    A wonderful piece of craftsmanship! I love it! And I really mean it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice work. Now get out and make pictures with it!

G

Looks really nice. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Images
    Pat yourself on the back. That 8x20 is pretty. Alas, I can only dream of having the skills and time to build one.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dozer View Post
    Alex,

This will be my first attempt at building film holders (although it was my first attempt at building a camera also). I have put together a prototype to test out some ideas and learned a lot. I need to make some changes from the prototype, but I think it will all work.

I've also been keeping a journal of plans, drawings, and photo's through the whole process and will be making it available in the future. I'll let everyone know when I get it done. It has turned out to be quite a long project as well. I originally thought it would be 20 - 30 pages but is has snowballed to nearly 150 pages and growing.

Dan
    Hi Dan,
    It would be great to see your plans. There would be lots of details of your build that would be great for someone who wants to try to build one also. Looks great!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin