Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,484   Online: 896

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Fujinon 360mm f-6.5 Lens

I was wondering if anyone had information on using this lens for 7 x 17 or larger ULF sizes. I checked the Badger Graphic Sales site and it shows it has an image circle at 485mm at f-22. I read that 7 x 17 requires an image circle of about 466mm, which means the lens will cover with minimal movement. I know that stopping down throws a larger image circle and was looking to see if this lens would be a viable option at f-64+ for 7 x 17 to allow generous movement of the front (lens) standard. I want to be able to have a bright image and this lens stops down to f-128, which is good if I need it compared to other similar plasmat lenses in this range.

Thanks,
    Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 172_large.jpg  

I have that same lens, Got it mint for $250-. It is sharp as a tack even wide open and will cover your 7x17 well. Emile/www.deleon-ulf.com.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Emile de Leon View Post
    I have that same lens, Got it mint for $250-. It is sharp as a tack even wide open and will cover your 7x17 well. Emile/www.deleon-ulf.com.
    Emile,

Is yours the current f6.5 CM-W version that Rick is asking about? If it is, you got a HECK of a bargain. It currently sells for $1595 new and is seldom seen on the used market.

Or do you have the older 360mm 6.3 Fujinon-W ($250 would still be a bargain)? I have one of these, but haven't had a chance to use it on ULF yet to test the coverage. If this is the one you have, is yours the singe coated, or multicoaed version?

Thanks,
    Kerry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hello Kerry,

Who has this lens new for $1595.00?

Thanks,
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by kthalmann View Post
    Emile,

Is yours the current f6.5 CM-W version that Rick is asking about? If it is, you got a HECK of a bargain. It currently sells for $1595 new and is seldom seen on the used market.

Or do you have the older 360mm 6.3 Fujinon-W ($250 would still be a bargain)? I have one of these, but haven't had a chance to use it on ULF yet to test the coverage. If this is the one you have, is yours the singe coated, or multicoaed version?

Thanks,
    Kerry

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Olson View Post
    Hello Kerry,

Who has this lens new for $1595.00?

Thanks,
    Rick
    Sorry, my mistake. Badger Graphic has the 300mm f5.6 Fujinon CM-W for $1595. Their price on the 360mm f6.5 Fujinon CM-W is $1925 (making Emile's deal potentially even better).

Kerry

Hi Kerry,
    Opps...mine is the 6.3 model. It is amazingly sharp! I got it and a mint 300mm Sironar N both for $500- from a photog going digital. Emile/www.deleon-ulf.com.

And...It is the multicoated version and will cover 7x17. Nice to have that bright GG. Try it, you'll like it! Emile

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the older 6.3 model, its MC, and use it on 11x14, without problems, even with 2-3 inches of front rise. Its an outstanding lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Olson View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had information on using this lens for 7 x 17 or larger ULF sizes. I checked the Badger Graphic Sales site and it shows it has an image circle at 485mm at f-22. I read that 7 x 17 requires an image circle of about 466mm, which means the lens will cover with minimal movement. I know that stopping down throws a larger image circle and was looking to see if this lens would be a viable option at f-64+ for 7 x 17 to allow generous movement of the front (lens) standard. I want to be able to have a bright image and this lens stops down to f-128, which is good if I need it compared to other similar plasmat lenses in this range.

Thanks,
    Rick
    Rick

Don't be too certain that you will get much more coverage by stopping it right down - most 360mm plasmats have mechanical vignetting at the limitation of the image circle. For example, I have a 360mm Apo Sironar which actually does not cover 11x14 because the filter ring vignettes when you stop it right down. I'd be careful to check the exact lens you have in mind before forking out for it. I had a Schneider Apo Symmar 360 which had mechanical vignetting at the spec'd image circle.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donsta View Post
    Rick

Don't be too certain that you will get much more coverage by stopping it right down - most 360mm plasmats have mechanical vignetting at the limitation of the image circle. For example, I have a 360mm Apo Sironar which actually does not cover 11x14 because the filter ring vignettes when you stop it right down. I'd be careful to check the exact lens you have in mind before forking out for it. I had a Schneider Apo Symmar 360 which had mechanical vignetting at the spec'd image circle.
    Thanks Donsta,

I guess the 355 G-Claron would be a better choice since this lens appears to be well respected for 7 x 17 and allows movements.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin