Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,501   Online: 796

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by wfwhitaker View Post
    Would a conventional bellows with larger pleats help to alleviate the problem?
    Finally got around to trying this and it did the trick. Thanks very much Will! I'd been hung up on making smallish (1" combined) pleats from making 4x5s and I just couldn't let go. Tried 1 3/8" and it made all the difference.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How about a hanger. You attach loops to the top of your bellows via bellows patching compound, then run a dowel or such from your front standard to the back through the loops, thus supporting the bellows from the top.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Colin, how about using a small strip of velcro like the Canham DLC's have on them. About halfway down, a velcro strip is glued to the top of the bellows and its mating piece onto the front standard that allows some pleats to be gathered together to eliminate bellows droop and image interference. Or, place a lens cap on it's side underneath the bellows between the bed and bellows. I've found that to work quite well.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I did include a cinching strap that hooks onto the front standard. My main problem had been too many small pleats, so it was too stiff racked in tight on vertical shots with front rise. Problem all solved, just wanted to thank Will. I appreciate the suggestions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin