Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,348   Online: 1144

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    I used the material that is intended to line the bottoms of tool drawers glued on with contact cement. A friend recommends cork.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I used a stick down lino. floor tile, cut down to the size of the top of my Ries-A head. It's very slick and smooth, but its rather soft so it grips onto the camera tight. The main reason I put this on was not for grip, but rather to stop the bottom of my camera from getting all torn up.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan McIntosh View Post
    I used a stick down lino. floor tile, cut down to the size of the top of my Ries-A head. It's very slick and smooth, but its rather soft so it grips onto the camera tight. The main reason I put this on was not for grip, but rather to stop the bottom of my camera from getting all torn up.
    Actually, that is part of the problem and why I want the pad to be at least 3mm or 1/8 inch thick. I found something at www.mcmaster.com and am awaiting shipment: a perfectly sized (6"x6") piece of 1/8" thick hard neoprene, self-adhesive on one side, for ~ $6.

Thanks, Markus

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Markus,

Grrrrrr - I guess I have to keep looking....one of the pleasures of living in Canada...

"Thank you for your order. Unfortunately, due to the ever increasing complexity of United States export regulations, McMaster-Carr can only process orders from a few long-established customers in Canada. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this causes you.

Please be assured that your credit card has not been charged."

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Just go to your local Home Depot or Loels and wander around abit. You will find something that will work perfect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Go to a better auto supply store, or Canadian Tire, they wil have cork or rubber gasket material, while you're there get a tube or bottle of pliobond.

erie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another vote for drawer-lining cork. I use this between my lens-mount foot and a RRS multirail plate, to keep them from marring each other and to decrease their tendency to rotate on each other. No adhesive; the pressure of the mounting screws is enough.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I just found this old thread.
    I have used anti-slip stair tread for many years. It works well, does not slip, is adhesive backed, and the cameras can not twist on it like they do on rubber. Also, it does not mar the camera base in any way.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus Albertz View Post
    Good day,

I am looking for a ca. 3 mm thick rubber pad to be glued onto a Ries A-250 tripod head. I would like to have a bit more friction between camera and tripod head. Any ideas/suggestions? I presume a self-adhesive product would be best.

Thanks in advance... Best, Markus
    Go to an auto-parts store and by some cork gaskets. It's the same stuff the tripod makers often use. Cut it to size and replace as needed.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I used some 1/16" thick foam material I found at the local craft store - cost about a dollar for a sheet that was about 12" x 18". It is fairly dense and seems to work very well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin