Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,121   Posts: 1,613,380   Online: 1217

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

11x14 G2 Kodak AZO on Ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kodak-AZO-11-x14...QQcmdZViewItem

For all you 11x14 shooters out there....here is a very rare box of G2 11x14 AZO. 250 sheets, unopened.

11x14 guys have always had to cut down 20x24 AZO.

Don't worry...I won't be bidding on it.

Regards,

Ryan McIntosh
    www.RyanMcIntosh.net

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan McIntosh View Post
    Don't worry...I won't be bidding on it.
    Ahhh, c'mon Ryan!

Seriously though, I'll be watching to see how much it goes for. I'm sure it will be out of my range.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Images
    Alex, are you shooting larger than 8x10 now?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Well, at $2 plus per sheet... and I might add, as high as $3 per sheet on the 'open auction' market, we need to find an alternative paper soon....or hope that Lodima comes through soon. This is getting rediculous. Any suggestions out there? I have heard kentona (bromide, or kentona) and JandC Nuance, which is Forte (no longer around?)...are perhaps alternatives...

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    The few recent boxes of AZO sold for an insane amount. Around 200-300 a box for 8x10 100 sheets. I'm lucky to have enought to finish off printing for this year, but I hope Michael's Lodima paper gets made soon. Once the formula is perfect, I'm sure it will be MONTHS to make, cut, package, ship, and finally start distributing all of it.

I know it's a long process, but I'm not even starting to hold my breath yet for the paper being available this year. However...we will see.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell View Post
    Alex, are you shooting larger than 8x10 now?
    No Bill, 8x10 is still my largest format. One could cut up the 11x14 into an 8x10 and a couple or three 4x5 sheets. I'm just interested in what this goes for. If its like the recent 8x10 sales, its a far better investment to the seller that just about anything.

I have a very few sheets of Grade 3 Azo left and that's it. After a year of paper chasing and the recent loss of Forte, I've decided to settle in on Kentmere and Ilford and to hell with all the rest. I'm betting they will stay in production for several more years and I know I can make do with them.
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Ryan, yup, I ended up paying $2 a sheet for grade 3 as I needed it....but won't do this again....so, I am forced to find a new paper as I agree with your sense of timing on the Lodima....I think it will be awhile. Alex, I'm with you....I'm testing Kentmere papers in Amidol to see how I do....until the new Lodima paper is finalized.......What has been your experience with the Ilford?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Peters View Post
    ..What has been your experience with the Ilford?
    I'm going back to using MG IV as my standard VC paper. It works just fine with Amidol or any other developer I've ever used. A few years ago, I did a side-by-side comparison of the same negative contact printed on Azo and MG IV, both developed in Smiths Amidol formulations. There was a visual difference between the two prints, but only a very slight one.

Ilford Warm Tone is a real winner too. Although its current price is high, its still not quite as high as Azo was selling for, and far less than what Azo is currently selling for.
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Thanks Alex, I will give it a try as well. Won't be able to take advantage of the VC with my fancy light bulb though...

Shooter
    Large Format
    sold for $786 Wow!

Does anyone know who Largeformatshopper is?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin