Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,690   Online: 742

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

my first foray into 12x20 ...

APUG is about the only place I think I can come too where I can adequately share my excitement and have an audience of people who'll appreciate it

I picked up my (new to me) 12x20 Folmer & Schwing camera yesterday up in Fort Worth, TX. Stopped by Burleson, TX and visited mike Castles, he graciously helped me cut a few lensboards for it, and allowed me to set the camera up and play with it some on his porch.

Got up this morning and loaded some ilford MGIV paper in the holders to test them out and make some paper negs.

This was literally my first shot with the camera.... negs turned out pretty good and I decided to contact print it onto another sheet of Ilford MGIV

thanks for letting me share.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Congratulations Matt, sounds as if you are running with the big dogs now. Nice study of form by the way.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not only is this a BIG camera, it is also a very "pretty" camera. By that, I mean it is really nice shape and as the fit/finish of the folks that made them leave me in awe.

Here are a few digi-snaps of Matt and the camera (if these need to be removed by the moderators, please do)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00088.jpg   DSC00089.jpg   DSC00090.jpg  
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Of course, to buy film for the thing, Matt has had to give up his apartment and move in under that bridge. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Matt is looking pretty happy there. I bet you couldnt pry that smile off his face.

Now you've done it Matt! Where will this madness end?
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Of course, to buy film for the thing, Matt has had to give up his apartment and move in under that bridge. :rolleyes:
    Lol...You have anything left for the ilford order Matt? Very cool, btw.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congratulations Matt...I know you have been looking forward to this for a while. happy shooting!
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There is some inexpensive 12x20 film floating around at this time, take a look. Calumet was selling some 12x20 hp5 I think just expired and others. Certainly someone on apug will step up and give you a few sheets of film for this baby. Good luck you are one of the few who have the skills to shoot this format.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrigan View Post
    Good luck you are one of the few who have the skills to shoot this format.
    thanks harrigan. I appreciate the comment.

also, thanks everyone for the kind words of encouragement. Thanks to a gracious/generous fellow ULFer and Texan Im going to have a few boxes of film soon to shoot and test out with. Really looking forward to it.
    Especially looking forward to trying to get a few churches shots for the texas church project. I think this format and the 'wide' 355mm G claron will work well in these older churches we are shooting.

Thanks again to mike castles for helping me cut a few lensboards and get the lens mounted properly on the camera.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Congratulations on the new toy, Matt!
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin