Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,404   Online: 1063

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Sheet Film insert for Jobo Drum

Once, custom made for oversize film developing in Paper drums now no longer available but can be constructed DIY. For the second time someone has "found" my references. I have some images of the insert once again. Would it be useful to place someplace on the internet. As I just don't leave images setting on my computer please give me some directions.

Shooter
    Large Format
    With the increased demand for ULF, I hope somoene figures out how to, once again, make these custom inserts

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I think beng on the web is a great idea, but I don't know how that is done. The only idea that pops into my head is perhaps a youtube link.

would it be possible for you to pm the images to me?
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why not post them into an Article here on APUG?

Matt

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    PM sent with email included:
    Clueless,

I would be ever so grateful if you would send photos and or directions to my email. xxxxxxxxx. If it helps to specify, I am trying to develop three sheets of 7x17 at a time in a 3063 drum. Currently I do two sheets at a time in combined 2560 & 2830 tanks. My goal of course is to develop more sheets in the same amount of time with the same quality.

Thanks,

John Powers

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've tried to get this info also from Clueless and others. No luck yet, however, here is a link showing the former Jobo product:

http://www.jobousadarkroom.com/instr...isc_302728.htm

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you Kapitman. I notice in Clueless’ profile that he was last on APUG June 19th. I sent an email in hope it might reach him elsewhere.

Does anyone know what material is used to make the insert and what are the "pins" that hold the film? The material looks translucent in the link. Is it a fine mesh plastic screening, possibly window screen from a hardware store? Does the material completely fill the inner circumference of the drum? If so I am guessing the rotation and fluid hold the mesh and film against the inner wall of the drum. However, retired salesmen don’t make good engineers. Please anyone contribute if you know more.

Thanks,

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Please anyone contribute if you know more.

Thanks,

John Powers
    John,

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/2...rint-drum.html

and

http://www.galerie-photo.com/porte-film-jobo.html

The first is a link to a thread where I described my experience with a DIY sheet film insert, although a bit smaller (for 5x7 negs) - but the principle is the same.

The second link is the original article (in French, but with lots of photos, so it' easy to follow) which gave me the idea.

As for the materials, the holder is made of construction-grade translucent plastic, found at the local equivalent of Home Depot - must be some window screening stuff or something, it's designated as "UV-protection" or something. But, it's not a mesh, it's solid sheet of PVC. I used hot air gun to make "dimples" to prevent the negatives sticking to the holder.
    Pins I make from whatever is at hand - mostly plastic plugs, etc. Keep in mind the material has to be water-resistant - you don't want rust in there...

BTW; I also have the original JOBO sheet film holder - but it's actually not a sheet film holder - they call it "JOBO Formathalter/Format holder" and I think it was made for developing test strips. JOBO code #4206, and it's small - you could probably fit just one 5x7 neg onto it.

HTH,

Denis

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Sheet Film Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Denis P. View Post
    John,

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/2...rint-drum.html

and

http://www.galerie-photo.com/porte-film-jobo.html

The first is a link to a thread where I described my experience with a DIY sheet film insert, although a bit smaller (for 5x7 negs) - but the principle is the same.

The second link is the original article (in French, but with lots of photos, so it' easy to follow) which gave me the idea.

As for the materials, the holder is made of construction-grade translucent plastic, found at the local equivalent of Home Depot - must be some window screening stuff or something, it's designated as "UV-protection" or something. But, it's not a mesh, it's solid sheet of PVC. I used hot air gun to make "dimples" to prevent the negatives sticking to the holder.
    Pins I make from whatever is at hand - mostly plastic plugs, etc. Keep in mind the material has to be water-resistant - you don't want rust in there...

BTW; I also have the original JOBO sheet film holder - but it's actually not a sheet film holder - they call it "JOBO Formathalter/Format holder" and I think it was made for developing test strips. JOBO code #4206, and it's small - you could probably fit just one 5x7 neg onto it.

HTH,

Denis
    I have the 11x14 Jobo sheet film holder. I am leaving shortly for a wedding shoot in Temple, Texas but will post specs on the material and attempt to post close-up shots of it on Sunday. The pins would seem to be the hardest item to find.

Tav Walraven

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I do my larger films in print drums, just as if they were prints.

I haven't yet had any need for a "Formathalter" or something like that, I just use the little thingies that are meant to hold papers in place.

On the very rare occasion when there has been a trace of anti-halation dye on the back of the sheet I let it sit in a tray with water for ten minutes. That has always fixed that particular "problem".
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin