Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,657   Online: 665

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Please, I need your fogged ULF film

Hello:

I need one commercially manufactured (not cut down from a larger sheet) sheet of film in any undamaged condition in the following sizes to test film holders I am manufacturing to make sure they are the right size and also to measure the thickness of the film itself. I will post these sizes and thicknesses after I carefully measure them. This may seem odd, but I have found that 4x5 and 8x10 films are not 4x5 or 8x10 but slightly different than those nominal dimensions. It is natural to assume that ULF sizes would not be nominal either. I could use sheets of different types of film as well.

This is an opportunity to do something that will benefit a large part of the ULF community.

I need 7x17, 8x20, 4x10, 11x14, 16x20 and 20x24 and any other size you think you might like me to manufacture.

The film can be fogged, processed or unprocessed, in or out of focus. Darkroom mistakes are very welcome.

I am happy to pay shipping and perhaps a small expense for something you would normally throw away.

Please email me at barryjyoung@yahoo.com if you can help.

Thank you.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Sure, Barry.

I have a fair number of duds (I am embarassed to say ) in 8x10 and 7x17. I could probably muster up some old Tri-X, FP4, HP5, and Efke PL100 in 8x10 and FP4 and PL100 in 7x17. These would all be exposed/processed films.

Note that I live in Canada so shipping would be higher than from the US so you might want to wait for more replys to save yourself a buck or two.

PM if you're interested.

Good luck with this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Barry,

I can send you some Forte 7x17"

Greetings,
    Geert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can send you some 5x12" if you need them. Just PM me with your address.

Regards

Barry

ps I can also let you have a sheet of Maco 10x12"
    Last edited by BarryWilkinson; 03-06-2007 at 06:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm going out of town for 10 days, but when I get back, I can send you some 11x14" Kodak film. If that works for you, send me a PM with your address.

My 7x17" camera is in transit, so I haven't had a chance to ruin any 7x17" film yet.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier View Post
    Sure, Barry.

I have a fair number of duds (I am embarassed to say ) in 8x10 and 7x17. I could probably muster up some old Tri-X, FP4, HP5, and Efke PL100 in 8x10 and FP4 and PL100 in 7x17. These would all be exposed/processed films.

Note that I live in Canada so shipping would be higher than from the US so you might want to wait for more replys to save yourself a buck or two.

PM if you're interested.

Good luck with this.
    Hi Daniel:

I don't need any 8x10, I have some of that (hiding my eyes in absolute shame) but one sheet of each flavor in 7x17 would be a great help. Just send me a bill and an address and I will send you dsome dough. Please mark them, I would never know which was which. Thank you
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by argus View Post
    Hi Barry,

I can send you some Forte 7x17"

Greetings,
    Geert
    Hey Argus:

Where do I send the check? How much is the check?

Thanks
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryWilkinson View Post
    I can send you some 5x12" if you need them. Just PM me with your address.

Regards

Barry

ps I can also let you have a sheet of Maco 10x12"
    Hi Barry:

Hey, you have a very cool name.
    Yes, 5x12 and 10x12 would both be excellent. Please advise where and how much.

Thanks
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    I'm going out of town for 10 days, but when I get back, I can send you some 11x14" Kodak film. If that works for you, send me a PM with your address.

My 7x17" camera is in transit, so I haven't had a chance to ruin any 7x17" film yet.

You will get your chance David

Thanks
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by barryjyoung View Post
    Hello:

I need one commercially manufactured (not cut down from a larger sheet) sheet of film in any undamaged condition in the following sizes to test film holders I am manufacturing to make sure they are the right size and also to measure the thickness of the film itself. I will post these sizes and thicknesses after I carefully measure them. This may seem odd, but I have found that 4x5 and 8x10 films are not 4x5 or 8x10 but slightly different than those nominal dimensions. It is natural to assume that ULF sizes would not be nominal either. I could use sheets of different types of film as well.

This is an opportunity to do something that will benefit a large part of the ULF community.

I need 7x17, 8x20, 4x10, 11x14, 16x20 and 20x24 and any other size you think you might like me to manufacture.

The film can be fogged, processed or unprocessed, in or out of focus. Darkroom mistakes are very welcome.

I am happy to pay shipping and perhaps a small expense for something you would normally throw away.

Please email me at barryjyoung@yahoo.com if you can help.

Thank you.
    Barry, wouldn't there be a standard somewhere, surely the film manufacturers size to something common

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin