Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,047   Online: 983

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

12x10 Dallmeyer 3D Rapid Portrait Lens

I just received a barrel lens which is 4 inches long by 2.5 inches wide with an aftermarket installed aperture that is marked f11 through f44. It is identified as a 12x10 Dallmeyer 3D f6.3 lens. I searched the Vade and the best description appears as though this may be a Dallmeyer Rapid Portrait Portrait lens which came in 6 sizes from 1/1 plate to 25x20. The Vade also indicates that lens design may contain thorium in the glass. The glass does appear to be a RR design. Does anyone have anymore insight, thoughts on how it may perform and/or other information of this lens? Your insightful responses are appreciated. Jon

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Could it be a Dallmeyer Series D No. 3?

If so, my source has it in seven focal lengths - 230, 320, 430, 480, 610, 790 and 940mm - with max aperture "ca. F/6". It's listed there as a Petzval variation.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ole, in looking closer at the barrel, it not only states on the barrel that is a
    "3D" on the line below that it is inscribed "12x10 Patent f6.3". The name is JD Dallmeyer with SSN30678 London

Does this help shed more light? Thanks. Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin