Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,315   Online: 1204

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Kerry,
    I have the Nikon 260mm f10, actually 2 of them, make sure to use the metal lens hood that comes with it as the elements are quite vulerable like Sandy said. The lens is amazingly sharp corner to corner on 7x17 even wide open. Better than any lens I've ever had in this regard. The only problem is f32 is the smallest f stop you can go. I sent one of these lenses to be mounted in shutter by SK Grimes but they couldn't pull it off even though on their website they indicate they can. On some they can do this but sometimes the elements can't be removed like on mine. I really like the aperture control, very quick and easy to use and smooth as butter. I use a hat as a shutter. These lenses are really, really sharp. Emile/www.deleon-ulf.com.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just double checked my lens sn#509931 and there is no slot. All the rest of my Apo Nikkors have them. Interesting and a disappointment.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have owned both of these lenses at one time. I would make a guess that they are the same lens but since I dont have either of them now its hard to say. If I remember correctly both were good for 11x14 coverage but only just barely.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by richard ide View Post
    I just double checked my lens sn#509931 and there is no slot. All the rest of my Apo Nikkors have them. Interesting and a disappointment.
    Hmm.
    I'm not surprised that the Process Nikkor barrel is different from that of the Apo Nikkor as the lenses are quite different. It would seem from your predicament (and from Emile's post) that perhaps they come in more than one style of barrel. I have a motley collection of process lenses ranging from about 4" to about 30". The tinyest artar has no slot but other otherwise it seems that the ones salvaged from horizontal cameras have the slot and the ones from vertical cameras do not. I have a 210 and have seen several 260's. All (to memory) have had the slot for inserting discs at the nodal point. However, it is my understanding that they were intended to be used in a vertical camera application. (Hence the wide coverage at short focal lengths) I will have to re-examine the samples I have access to.
    Celac

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin