Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,533   Posts: 1,544,002   Online: 1039

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Graphic vs Graflex holder? Does it matter for a 4x5 Tachihara?

I am not pleased with some of the old graphic holders (wood=warp). I see more modern fidelity holders on ebay. Can the newer holders work on my camera? I see some new toyo ones listed on b&h?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    matt

most 4x5 film holders - toyo, fidelity, kodak &C will work with a tachihara, but the graphlex holders are larger, and don't fit in cameras other than graflex (slr) cameras. they are wider because they are slotted (no spring/graflok/international back ... ).

good luck!

john

Quote Originally Posted by mattk View Post
    I am not pleased with some of the old graphic holders (wood=warp). I see more modern fidelity holders on ebay. Can the newer holders work on my camera? I see some new toyo ones listed on b&h?
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a lot of confusion about Graflex film holders. There is the Graflex holder distinctly labeled as such, which fit the Graflex (not Graphic) back on the Graflex SLRs and press cameras equipped with a "Graflex" back. These holders have a groove down each side and a groove for a light trap, as opposed to the ridge you see on other holders. The are a bit larger in size and fit nothing else. Then, there are the Graphic holders. These fit everything else. They were, and are, made by any number of companies. Lisco and Riteway (same company) are two of the most well known. Graphic style holders will fit your camera, no matter what the age, brand or material they're made of. Personally, I prefer the old wood ones. I've never had warpage problems. They're not a static dust magnet like the plastic ones. I've had more warped plastic holders than anything. If you prefer plastic, don't leave them where they'll be exposed to excess heat. That will warp them.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin