Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,515   Posts: 1,543,730   Online: 896

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    25" Dallmeyer Rapid Rectilinear... Dallmeyer 3a (although it only covers at portrait distance on 11x14)... 22" Jamin- Darlot cone centralisateur...sweet!... 17x20 Versar... 14.5" Verito ... 16.5" Dagor (older, uncoated, American model)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    ...Just curious why you don't care for the 355 G-Claron?...
    Sandy,

The 355/9 G-Claron does indeed cover with more movements than I need, and is also a sharper lens than necessary for my uses. It also has good local contrast. The weak point of the G-Claron however (IMO, of course) is its bokeh, which I find very harsh, unrefined, and distracting. This would not be a problem for most ULF users, however I make the vast majority of my images open wide. Consquently bokeh becomes a fairly major consideration for me.

jason

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I use a Nikon 450, a 305 Computar and a 305 Claron. The Claron gets little use now that I have the computar. the only focal length I feel I need is a 600mm, I think a Fuji would do nicely.

Mike
    'To the complaint, 'There are no people in these photographs,' I respond, 'There are always two people: the photographer and the viewer.'

Ansel Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin