Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,966   Posts: 1,558,415   Online: 891

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Kowa Graphic 240mm f9 Coverage in Barrel??

I have a Kowa Graphic (Computar) 240mm lens on trial, It is in barrel mount. I have mounted it on a lensboard where the rear element penetrates the lensboard and is flush with the rear of the lensboard. A Packard shutter is mounted flush up to the rear, so it basically touches the metal rim of the rear of the lens. I am getting vignetting on 11x14 focused at infinity at f64. I was wondering if this lens only covers 11x14 when mounted in a shutter? Any advice? It IS supposed to cover 11x14 isn't it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do believe it does cover 11x14. Here is a link on ULF coverage which is a very interesting read. http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=10255
    I have the 240mm Graphic Kowa f9 and a 305 Graphic Kowa f9. If your barrel lens will freely unscrew out of the barrel, especially the rear lens, then it should be a direct fit in a copal 3s shutter. Mine directly fit into a copal 3s shutter. I also have a 270mm Graphic Kowa, but the rear cell will not come out with norma pressure....thus, it is staying there.
    Hope this helps. BTW, I truly love my 240mm Graphic Kowa.....even more than my 240mm Germinar. Jon
    Everyone has a constitutional right to be an idiot; that does not mean you should exercise your right!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hello, I have a kowa graphic 240 mm in barrel mount. It is mounted on a sinar shutter which is mounted on a Korona 7x17". The lens I have covers with no problem, but I have read that there are different kind of Kowa Graphic ?...
    I also had problem at the biginning because my lens was to far from the edge of the front element of my Korona. The image circle was hidden by the edge and I had 1 inch that missed on the left and the right side of the screen... Now after some modifications every thing work fine and I will be abble to take my first pictures with all the image on the screen ! I hope I am clear as my english is not so good...

Thierry M.L.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin