Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,142   Online: 1115

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Are you obsessed with ULF?

I found myself wondering the other day about 11x14! I am about a month from completion of my Walnut 8x20 with matching Walnut tripod. I am diamond polishing the ground glass frame and have to do the bellows and she will be done. This is my first attempt at building any camera and it is turning out better that I expected. Now that I can see the "light at the end of the tunnel" I'm considering building a 11x14! I am crazy, I know, but does this obsession just go on and on?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I am afraid it does - I just acquired an 11x14 and now I find I am fantasizing over a 7x17 - good job my wife cannot read my mind - "slap" - oh good grief she can

Mike

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    the obsession is with making negatives, really big ULF negatives!
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm a bit obsessed with the idea of ULF, but am lacking sufficient funds at the present times to make the obsession a reality of ULF.

Vaughn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Once you discover you have the talent to make cameras your already in trouble. From there building down doesn't seem to be the direction taken. Tonight I am working on a replacement bellows for a Seneca 8x10. I still have the materials for an 11x14 in the shop ready for me.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Negatives!! Damn I have to find a place for them also! My one bedroom apartment is slowly becoming a photography museum! I imagine it is all worth it when you pull that first ULF neg out of the developer. Can't wait!

Jim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm not the least bit obsessed with something I can't even get film for.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    After looking at negatives shot from my 4x5 I'm for sure in love with the idea of something alot larger. But having said that, I don't think I'd ever have the desire to go bigger than plain old LF 8x10. Of course, if I somehow managed to shoot an 11x14 in this country, which is pretty unlikely, I'd probably be hooked.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No.

I have a 12x16" camera, but so far 5x7", 18x24cm and 24x30cm suit me much better. Maybe now that I've got a 8x10" camera I can sell the big beast?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin