Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,644   Online: 1125

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    my 360 Symmar arrived today, and it's - big. Anyone who thinks a 355 G-Claron in #3 Compound is big just doesn't have the right references.

But it's not only big, it's in exellent shape. And the big Compound shutter is like these shutters often are: Perfect.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    my 360 Symmar arrived today, and it's - big. Anyone who thinks a 355 G-Claron in #3 Compound is big just doesn't have the right references.

But it's not only big, it's in exellent shape. And the big Compound shutter is like these shutters often are: Perfect.

Congratulations. I think you will find it to be a very good performer also.

But as for size, everything is relative. By many standards the 210mm Schneider SSXL is quite a beast, but if you compare it to the 210mm Super Angulon it looks quite small.

Sandy King

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I wouldn't know about those 210mm's - I have Xenar 4.5 and 6.1, Symmar 5.6, G-Claron f:9 and Angulon 6.8 in that length. And half a dozen miscellaneous brass lenses, of course - the best one is probably the O. Simon Anastigmat.

I have avoided those "Super Bigjobs" since I find that for the price of one of those I can buy another half dozen old brassies, including some surprisingly good performers. Those six old lenses together will weigh about the same as a Super Bigjob, too - at least if i manage to avoid the 500mm f:5.5 tessars, the 840mm f:7.2 Aplanats, and the 14" Petzvals...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joerg Krusche View Post
    Kerry,

I know of two versions of the Apo Gerogon's, the "CL"-version (the last one)with thread at the end and the one with thread close to the middle of the lens. Both can be easily mounted in front of the Sinar-Copal shutter, which I did. The 9/360 version of the Apo Gerogon does illuminate 11x14 easily and still does so if you shift by 3 inches, so it will cover 11x20 at least. With this displacement the iris can be seen as perfectly round at f=32 when you look through the cut edges of the groundglass. Performance, as far as can be seen is good. The 240mm and 300mm Apo Gerogons are comparable to the Fujinon's A, so the 360 may be a sleeper ... why spend the big money for a 10/360 Fujinon ?

My favourite is the Germinar-W 9/360, how else could it be ? ..

Joerg
    I don't have a bellows for my 8x20 yet but my 360 APO Gerogon seems to cover corner to corner. Put the dark cloth over it and could see to the corners. This lens could very wellbe a sleeper. I've used a 300mm on my 8x10 and it is very sharp.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    I don't have a bellows for my 8x20 yet but my 360 APO Gerogon seems to cover corner to corner. Put the dark cloth over it and could see to the corners. This lens could very wellbe a sleeper. I've used a 300mm on my 8x10 and it is very sharp.

Jim
    That could be quite correct. I have a 300mm APO Gerogon and it covers the 7x17" without problems.
    I should check the ammount of movements it has.

Jim,

additionally, I got hold on a bellows of a huge Repromaster, they measure 60 x 76 cm and it should be great to build a 20 x 26" camera, maybe even a 22x30".

G

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jim,

additionally, I got hold on a bellows of a huge Repromaster, they measure 60 x 76 cm and it should be great to build a 20 x 26" camera, maybe even a 22x30".

G[/QUOTE]

G, Damn that's big!! When do we ever stop? I guess when it comes to what we need to put the image on! 22x30? I can't even imagine. Please let me know if you go there. I think when we get this large or 20x24 for that matter we need to include a person in the photograph for scale just so everyone can see how obsessed with BIG we really are!

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jim,

This Ron here has built a 16x36". Talking big cameras.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum187/...er-camera.html

Hugo

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Zhang View Post
    Jim,

This Ron here has built a 16x36". Talking big cameras.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum187/...er-camera.html

Hugo
    Hugo, thanks for the reminder. I forgot about Ron's camera. That was more than likely before I became seriously " OBSESSED!!!"

Jim

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin