Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,233   Online: 836

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: film holder bag

film holder bag

I needed a bag for my 7 x 17 holders. I just could not bring myself to pay $250 for the AWB bags. Using my mother's sewing machine I made this one. Never sewed before. Looking back the $250 is not a bad price. Kept my cost down but sure put a lot of time into it. Had to learn how to use the machine and then about 3 evenings on the project, and the duck cloth pushed the sewing machine to its limits! Its is padded and will hold about five holders with padding in between.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bag.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes - - - but you have acquired a new skill.
    Louie

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you're making any more, I'd like one!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Phil, that is a nice looking bag even for the first attempt.

I have been considering doing the same thing.

What sewing machine, Thread, and materials did you use and do you have a pattern. I am in need of one for my 12x20 film holders.

Gary
    "He who expecteth nothing,
    Shall not be disappointed." Robert Willingham, 1907

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I would suggest contacting Kevin Saitta with Saitta Bags. He custom makes film holder bags for however many holders you want and whatever size you want.

I just had a new 8x10 holder bag made for me and I absolutly love it. It holds the exact amount of holders I wanted and is very durable and high quality.

If your spending around 300-400 dollars a holder, and are carring 4-5 holders on you...that is around $1,500.00 of holders! I don't want to hear people complain about paying 200 bucks for a really nice bag to protect those expensive holders! It's well worth the investment.

Your bag looks decent for carrying in the car, but not in the field. You don't want to be carrying stuff in your hands when out hiking around to take pictures.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Very nice! I actually like to sew...oddly relaxing...I'm a freak. But I still can't do zippers or anything like that. Very nice work, very impressive.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Nice bag, I would add a long shoulder strap however. Do you have the sewing patters? My wife can sew....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A good an inexpensive solution is the Eagle Creek travel Gear. They have a wide range of backs and packs to fit in luggage.

Their model "double brick" holds 6 8x10" holders perfectly and they have even bigger variations that could be used for larger filmholderd.

G

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I like the individual holder bags that Quality Camera (Atlanta, Georgia) sells on eBay, MC Gear brand, about $30 each for 7x17. They are light tight, Velcro sealed and padded. I washed off some mud I had gotten on one and discovered that they also shed water. Dick's Sporting Goods sells a light weight back pack for about $40 for scuba gear that nicely holds six holders or more in the bags. I use a baby jogger and this back pack fits nicely on the frame rails. Bungee cord keeps it in place. The weight helps to keep the jogger's center of gravity low. Young mothers in the park get very upset when they see an over turned baby jogger, especially with an old guy driving. You hear them mumbling about never trusting a grandfather.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    I like the individual holder bags that Quality Camera (Atlanta, Georgia) sells on eBay, MC Gear brand, about $30 each for 7x17. They are light tight, Velcro sealed and padded. I washed off some mud I had gotten on one and discovered that they also shed water. Dick's Sporting Goods sells a light weight back pack for about $40 for scuba gear that nicely holds six holders or more in the bags. I use a baby jogger and this back pack fits nicely on the frame rails. Bungee cord keeps it in place. The weight helps to keep the jogger's center of gravity low. Young mothers in the park get very upset when they see an over turned baby jogger, especially with an old guy driving. You hear them mumbling about never trusting a grandfather.

John Powers
    I need to get one of those just so anytime I see some young mothers I can lean down into mine and scream "WOULD YOU PLEASE JUST SHUT THE %#$@ UP?!!!!"
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin