Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,986   Online: 689

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    John speaking here:
    I use the Hollinger box which loads from the top and has inside measurements of:17 3/8" x 6" x 7 3/8" deep.
    John,

Can you point to these boxes on the Hollinger site? I presume you're not talking about these: http://www.genealogicalstorageproduc...lafofibo1.html

Thanks!
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerik View Post
    John,

Can you point to these boxes on the Hollinger site? I presume you're not talking about these: http://www.genealogicalstorageproduc...lafofibo1.html

Thanks!
    Kerik,

That is the site.

Sandy

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Kerik & Sandy,

This is the post where I got the page.

"ULF Negative Storage Boxes from Genealogical Storage Products
    I got an email today from Genealogical Storage Products. I had asked in the past about enlarging their 8x10 flip top negative boxes into a size which could hold ULF negatives.

They have added three new boxes to their line of products for 7x17, 8x20 and 12x20 negative storage. They are not the fliptop boxes but rather they have a removable lid.

http://www.genealogicalstorageproduc...lafofibo1.html

Clearly there is nothing on that page now that fits the dimensions of my box. I will email them and ask.

John Powers

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Wait a minute that's my old post.

They have changed to boxes to a horizontal type of box only two inches high.
    http://www.genealogicalstorageproduc...lafofibo1.html

I'm not sure I like the idea of storing the nagatives flat. The enclosures I use might let the negative slide out in a horizontal position. Also I would think there would be more shuffling through a stack of negatives with that set up.

The old boxes were like 8+ inches tall and about six inches deep and 20+ inches wide with a removable lid. They do get a little heavy and hard to deal with when they fill up.
    Last edited by George Losse; 05-17-2007 at 01:41 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: adding a link
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I wrote Hollinger and this is what they have to say. I don't think I want to store my negatives flat, one on top of another, but it looks like we will need to make a group purchase to get their interest.

John P.

"Dear Mr. Powers:

We originally made the vertical boxes you describe for the ULF photo
    boxes. However, customer feedback overwhelmingly favored the flat boxes
    that are currently in our web store. If you want to purchase some of the
    vertical boxes, please let us know the size and quantity, and we will send
    you a price quote.

Sincerely yours

The Hollinger Corporation"

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Hollinger Boxes for ULF Negatives

I use the 12x20 flat Hollinger boxes with negatives stored in 20x24 Apollo paper folded in half. When storing 12x20 negatives, you don't really want to have more than about 2" worth in a single box. The boxes get very heavy. Smaller negatives would be different. I would not want a 2" or 3" thick vertical standing box with a flip top lid because it would have the tendency to fall over on a table surface or shelf spilling the contents.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobherbst View Post
    I use the 12x20 flat Hollinger boxes with negatives stored in 20x24 Apollo paper folded in half. When storing 12x20 negatives, you don't really want to have more than about 2" worth in a single box. The boxes get very heavy. Smaller negatives would be different. I would not want a 2" or 3" thick vertical standing box with a flip top lid because it would have the tendency to fall over on a table surface or shelf spilling the contents.
    Vertical stacking makes a lot more sense to me. I find it a much better system for both 7X17 and 12X20 negatives. My boxes, which are up up to about 5" wide for 7X17 and 3" wide for 12x20, are very convenient for vertical type storage.

Sandy King
    Last edited by sanking; 05-17-2007 at 07:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the info guys. This really helps. Think for now I will put the negatives in the spare film boxes, wrapped with the Apollo paper. Those Hollinger boxes look like a good thing to store prints in too.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin