Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,990   Online: 1067

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Give this a try Matt, comes with padded shoulder straps that convert to a backpack (and I know the military guys carry at least that much weight). Looks like a good fit for the 12x20.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/guns.asp

Then get one of these at the same place to keep your stuff safe!
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Well, I am saddened to learn that photobackpacker could not help you as I was just about to contact him for one of my own. I have the 8x10 system and it is awesome, if they only made one of those camera cases for ulf then you could put it in just about any large type Kelty pack with frame.
    Phillip

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I would sugest you go to a hicking outfitters store and buy the biggest back pack they have , I had my 8x10 dorff ,8 holders, 3 lenses,clothes and privisions for 5 days , 80lb total. it was like caring another body on your back , they not cheap , but very comfortable , you can shift wait from your sholders to your waist and have all kinds of space for gear, you want to make sure that you put everything in plastick bags if you are going for few days , even thou they most come with a rain cover , youwaint be sure if you are in a down poor your gear would be dry... ILYA

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Try this Flat Bed pack. Normally used for rescue gear, if anything will work it might. http://www.granitegear.com/products/...bed/index.html Either that or one of Granite Gear's Access packs. These are there backpacks that load like a duffle bag rather than from the top. However I doubt a 12x20 would fit inside a backpack. At least with the flatbed you might at least be able to strap it to a frame to wear like a back pack.
    -Logan Group

Pacifism in the face of murderous barbarism is a self-correcting disorder.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Matt, nice to hear you want to haul the 12x20 on your back. Once I have my 8x20 done I'm taking it out on the dunes at Oceano, CA! I'm 56 and keep in good shape, am a glutton for punishment and will convince Hugo and Dan to go with me with their 10x20 and 8x20's respectively. The uphill hike on the dunes will be interresting. You just need the proper mind set for this! As far as a pack goes... Hugo showed me a pack he got from Costco that doubled as a roller and a backpack. It fit his 10x20 and some holders. I'll see if I can get some info on it for you. Maybe Hugo will see this post and respond. I know he is active on the large format forum so a post over there might help.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Matt, something else I forgot to say. I caught the tail end of a news report on a new backpack that was for the military. It was on a frame that had a pully like system that moved when you walked. Something like that. It kept the weight evenly distributed over your back. It allowed the carrier to haul large amounts of weight comfortably. I'll have to see if I can find the info. It was on my local KABC 7 news the other night.

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Contact Kevin at kev@kjsphotography.com.

He not only has a nice web site, he also makes custom bags a=of all kinds and dark cloths to 5x8 feet or larger.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    In regard to a cart, a kayak cart might work. You could lash down a hard case. Would not work for actual backpacking long distances or mountains but you probably are not venturing too far with that thing. Check out:

http://www.castlecraft.com/kayak_dolly.htm
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    thank you all for the suggestions. The Ranger bag that you linked to mike, that thing looks to be PERFECT. Its a mere $40... so Im gonna chance it and order one - wonder if I could bleach it white to make it less heat absorbing in the summer months.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin