Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,205   Online: 1060

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might try a Duluth pack...they're designed for carrying large amounts of gear at portages on canoe trips. http://www.duluthpack.com/products.a...1&CategoryID=d
    I've used one for my 12x20...when I was younger. They aren't modern design and are made of canvas but the largest ones have plenty of room.
    Good luck.
    Jack

Shooter
    Large Format
    MAtt,

As Jim mentioned earlier, I bought a backpack with wheels from Costco for my 10x20. It costed me under $40. It has two big compartments which I put my camera, dark cloth, three film holders, tripod and two lenses in plastic containers there. It also has two small compartments which I use to store light meter and filters and etc.

But I don't think the bag is wide enough for your 12x20.

Oh man, my back is ache-in' just reading this! Get a pack mule!

Backpack for 12x20

I would recommend a serious aluminum frame pack with a ledge on the back that you can lash a lightweight pack box to. I had Strebor make me a case for my ULF cameras and the frame pack I got from them is from Canada and stands up on its own support members. It has some serious waist and shoulder straps and can hold more than I could impose upon it in the weight department. I have in the past and continue to carry 70-90# packs into the Colorado high country on summer and winter trips and cannot emphasize the importance of a balanced load and physical conditioning prior to getting further away than the tailgate of your vehicle. And don't tell me it is something that you have to give up when you turn 30 cause I don't buy it.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    And don't tell me it is something that you have to give up when you turn 30 cause I don't buy it.

Where there is a will, there is a way.
    fully agree.

Im completely enticed by this product, will be measuring my existing case to see if the 27" width is satisfactory.
    http://www.granitegear.com/products/...s/4/index.html

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I finally settled on a lightware case for my 8x20 and I can hold my camera and 5 holders plus smaller items. no lens.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    how about 54. next year I want to go to Yosemite and pack around a 8x10. I'm trying to get into shape now so I will be ready by then. But 90# pack my word that is some real packing.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    And don't tell me it is something that you have to give up when you turn 30 cause I don't buy it.

Where there is a will, there is a way.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this also. I'm over 50 and only 5"6". It is not easy with 50lbs on my back up hill in the sand. But it is sure worth the effort when you come out of the darkroom. Keep in shape both physically and mentally because there are great images out there. Find them!

Jim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    "Im completely enticed by this product, will be measuring my existing case to see if the 27" width is satisfactory.
    http://www.granitegear.com/products/...s/4/index.html"

My only suggestion is to think of it TALL instead of WIDE , better wait ballance , Plus don't forget tripod has to go on the inside...

ILYA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Matt is not planning on actual "backpacking". He's not trekking miles into the wilderness. He just needs to get his gear from the truck to inside whatever abandoned building he'll be trespassing that day.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin