Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,263   Online: 943

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries

I may hav bought my last camera

This is not as bad as it sounds. The reason it may be the last is that it is camera format I have been searching for at a decent price for at least 25-30 years. At that time I saw an image by Dick Arentz and decided that this is the format for me.

I recently lucked into a pristine 7x17 Korona complete kit with printing frame, 2 holders and lens at a terrific price. The negative left in the printing frame was dated 1947 so I assume this outfit has been in its case for 60 years.

After repairing the one tiny leak in the bellows it is ready to go and I have put it into action. Two additional holders are on their way from Sandy.

The price? About what it would have sold for used in 1947. Finally I have gotten lucky and made a terrific purchase.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Images
    Congratulations!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Congrats. Truly a beautiful format.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Congrats, Jim. I feel the same way about my 7x17" Korona. With 35mm, MF of a few different flavors, 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, 7x17, and 11x14" I feel pretty much settled with what I've got, and 7x17 was the last one I had been looking for for some time.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    The 7X17 Korona I acquired was far from pristine; but after alot of work its now functioning fine. Its a great format. For film I like the Efke 25 & Ilford FP-4. For printing its been mostly Kallitypes; but when Lodima becomes available it should add regular silver prints to my options. Hope you enjoy the format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck with panoramic ULF Jim, Jorge tried to persuade me to go down that route 18 months ago and I was very tempted.

But a change in circumstances, life changing I mean - I moved continents, has brought about a rethink as using a tripod is banned at many sites I'm photographing - getting permits is long winded, slow and costly and often requires backhanders too, so I went 6x17 instead as I can hand hold.

I'd still like to shoot 7x17 or 8x20 at some stage, but these format's are almost unique to the North American continent and only recently been imported into the UK/Europe, usually by American photographers.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    My 7x17 is one of Richard Ritter's new cameras. It is a joy to work with (lightweight and field changeable from horizontal to vertical). I know you'll love this format.

Good light,

John
    Last edited by jgjbowen; 07-12-2007 at 07:58 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: sppppelllling
    John Bowen

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jim, so far it has been 35mm, MF, several, 4x5 5x7 8x10, very soon I promise 8x20 and I've started construction on the 11x14! I think I will be done when I'm looking at all of them. Great format, enjoy and great to hear you got a great deal!

Stay Focused .... or Soft Focused!!

Jim

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Congrats Jim. It is a great thing to find your dream format.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin