Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,653   Online: 788

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

How to build an 8 x 20 camera

My 8 x 20 is now complete and I've put together a journal of the whole process in the form of a CD file. If you're interested, I have it listed in the classifieds section. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IM000782.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks superb Dan, and its great to see you making all the information available at a very reasonable price.

Next lets see some images made with it :-)

Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have seen Dan's camera in action and it is great. You can shoot verticle and horizontal images with it. This is a great opportunity for someone to build their own camera. You can adjust the size for whatever format you choose. There is a great deal of information and the build quality is first rate. Dan was kind enough to send me the section on the ground glass back and ground glass holder and it really helped me on my 8x20. Take advantage of a great offer and add this one to your library.

Jim

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm thinking about doing a 12x20, but since I want to be able to do both landscape and portrait orientation, I might as well just build one that can handle 16x20. That, and I want to say that my camera has a 12x20 REDUCING back It will take me a while to build, but it will also take me a while to afford a lens and film, so it all fits together nicely!

- Justin

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I just received a copy of Dan's camera building journal. I think it is very well done and full of usefull information. He goes over the pitfalls and the mistakes that all camera builders discover when they take on a project like this. The photographs and info on bellows making and film holder building is very down to earth and easy to follow. Thanks again, Dan for a great resource tool.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I'd love to see a copy of this, especially the part on how he came up with the ideas for his designs.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Robert,

The camera is patterned after my 8 x 10 Kodak 2D. However, in order to make it convertable from horizontal to vertical format, I had to make a number of detail revisons. Many of the ideas I thought up myself. However, there was advice and input from many APUG members on this forum that helped me complete the design. I will always be indebted this forum and all you other members to get me through this process.

Thanks again to everyone who responsed to my questions this past year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is really an outstanding job. If you're even contemplating constructing a camera like this you'd be a fool not to learn from Dan's work, especially at this price!

Hi Dan,

I'd like to get a copy of your CD and cannot find it in the classifieds. What section is it listed in? thanks

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by philsweeney View Post
    Hi Dan,

I'd like to get a copy of your CD and cannot find it in the classifieds. What section is it listed in? thanks
    Phil it is about three pages in on the camera/lenses section.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin