Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,484   Posts: 1,571,279   Online: 941

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Michael, your pictures are gorgeous. Click on the extended link and choose the slide show. That's it I'm quitting my job tomorrow!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Nice sail on that camera.

Yes I have picked up a camera and walked away from a photo, sometimes after few minutes sometimes after an hour or two. Part of it is I know I can come back and try again sometimes with much better results. When I get the bigger cameras out I know what I am after and going back a few times is part of the adventure of getting that prized photo from that spot.

RTR
    www.finefocusworkshops.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Box = custom for the Korona 12x20. Box = heavy. Box = not very portable. Box = a new solution is needed. Box + a little water on the mudflat = I get to invent a backpack for the shot.

EDIT: Jim: I looked for the slideshow on your site...I can't seem to find one. But I love looking at the wonderful images from your various cameras/lenses.

Richard: You are the man. Your camera solves the very problem I'm fighting. Until the 'loan' of this camera ends, I'm tempted...but just tempted to call and order one. When the 'loan' ends you can be sure I'll call.
    Last edited by Michael Slade; 07-26-2007 at 09:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Slade View Post
    EDIT: Jim: I looked for the slideshow on your site...I can't seem to find one. But I love looking at the wonderful images from your various cameras/lenses.
    you silly man, you, he's talking about your website and slideshow! i agree with jim, some stunning work
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I will have a 12x20 one of these days, but for now it's just 8x10. The first week I had the camera, I drove 2,000 miles and made 2 negatives. I think if I went a good location in Utah, that I'd take as many shots as I could even if there were hurricane winds!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Michael,

There are days when I travel with the 8x20 in the Jeep with me and don't make an exposure all day. But generally once the camera is out and set up on the tripod, I make an exposure.

On really windy days I like to stay home, I find I get less stressed that way. The only time I will set up on a windy day is if I'm traveling in an area I'm not likely to be back to. Then I make the exposure, but the words that get spoken are not all that nice.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Losse View Post
    ...but the words that get spoken are not all that nice.
    so true indeed george, I have spoken those same words many times.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What words are those? I've worn out all of my choice ones.

When I set up the camera and am ready to make an exposure, I have to ask myself, "Am I sure...at least $25 dollars and 2 hours in the darkroom sure...that this will be an image I want to look at again?".

I couldn't have said yes to that question yesterday...and am debating about going out again today.

This is a location that most people will never visit in their lifetime...even those who are out on the lake regularly. I get to this location on a frequent enough basis that I know when the time is right I'll get a keeper.
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've been in the same situation. my only problem is explaining to my wife, why after an entire day out "taking Photos" i didn't take a single "picture". Yah i think that is the most difficult part. I'm sure on those days she thinks i'm just out drinking. (some days I'd rather be)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Slade View Post
    Went out yesterday to the lake with the express intent of making at least one 12x20 image.

Drug the camera across 1/2 mile of mudflat, set it up, storm coming in, nice light, etc... TOO MUCH WIND.

Waited about 2 hours, never died down enough to make me feel good about making an exposure. Very frustrated.

You should have made the exposure. With the wind and a slow exposure speed you have out of the box Pictorialism.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin