Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,925   Online: 1008

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of the reasons I decided to invest in medium format was for situations like this. If it is to windy for my 11x14 or 7x17 at least I can make some exposures for enlarging or if its a once in a lifetime shot I can later make a digital negative for contact printing. Like Michael pointed out, I'm not going to waste the ULF film and chemistry unless I am sure its going to be sharp.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Pinhole
    At least there's no donkey to take out time after time...

Wow, that extended project goes on and on...
    Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray@uptowngallery View Post
    Wow, that extended project goes on and on...
    ...with no end in sight.

It will take a while to do properly.
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Slade View Post
    When I set up the camera and am ready to make an exposure, I have to ask myself, "Am I sure...at least $25 dollars and 2 hours in the darkroom sure...that this will be an image I want to look at again?".

I couldn't have said yes to that question yesterday...and am debating about going out again today.

This is a location that most people will never visit in their lifetime...even those who are out on the lake regularly. I get to this location on a frequent enough basis that I know when the time is right I'll get a keeper.
    Michael,

No mater how many times you visit a site, you'll never have the negatives from the film you didn't expose.

Everytime you point a camera at a subject you are different then the last time you pointed the camera at even the same subject.

If you are thinking about the costs of the film then maybe ULF is not the best fit for you. There are so many things that can ruin an explsure, film costs can not be on your mind while you are working.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by George Losse View Post
    Michael,

No mater how many times you visit a site, you'll never have the negatives from the film you didn't expose.

Everytime you point a camera at a subject you are different then the last time you pointed the camera at even the same subject.

If you are thinking about the costs of the film then maybe ULF is not the best fit for you. There are so many things that can ruin an explsure, film costs can not be on your mind while you are working.
    George,

Good points...I know all of them.
    Michael Slade

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin