Switch to English Language Passer en langue franηaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,695   Posts: 1,482,501   Online: 1012

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

ULF Film----Special order----20x24” AND BEYOND

ULF FILM ----SPECIAL ORDER----20x24” AND BEYOND

Hello,
    I am currently looking for other potential buyers in order to get enough people together for a special order of EFKE PL100 in Rollformat (175 micron polyester support):

Film width= 9.5” Roll Length=10m Minimum order quantity=10 Rolls
    Film width= 20” Roll Length=10m Minimum order quantity=10 Rolls
    Film width= 40” Roll Length=10m Minimum order quantity=10 Rolls

My main interest is focussed on the 20” width rolls, for following reasons:
    1. you can cut out 20*24” as sheets
    2. you can cut out 20”* XXX”, for anything larger as experiment
    As long as you stick to the 20”width, you are able to get paper for making contact copies as a standard product.

I have a minor interest for the 9.5” width rolls, which would allow to have panoramic cameras 9.5” by XXX”; the reasons for only "minor" interest:
    1. you can get aerofilm in this size
    2. I do not think that you have available paper in this width as a standard product.

The very large width of 40" is currently of little interest to me, as it is simply too wide,
    And I see no practical way to cut it into a standard smaller format. Nevertheless it is always good to know, there is a company out there willing to supply this as a special order.

The current commercial proposal has been worked out by Lotus View Camera in Austria,
    and I think it would be best to email them directly to show your interest in a group ordering for 20" wide film.

Disclaimer: This is not a commercial posting. I have no personal interest in this matter, except that I want to get enough people interested to attain the minimum order quantity of 10 rolls.

---george w.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lynux View Post
    ULF FILM ----SPECIAL ORDER----20x24” AND BEYOND

Hello,
    I am currently looking for other potential buyers in order to get enough people together for a special order of EFKE PL100 in Rollformat (175 micron polyester support):

Film width= 9.5” Roll Length=10m Minimum order quantity=10 Rolls
    Film width= 20” Roll Length=10m Minimum order quantity=10 Rolls
    Film width= 40” Roll Length=10m Minimum order quantity=10 Rolls

My main interest is focussed on the 20” width rolls, for following reasons:
    1. you can cut out 20*24” as sheets
    2. you can cut out 20”* XXX”, for anything larger as experiment
    As long as you stick to the 20”width, you are able to get paper for making contact copies as a standard product.

I have a minor interest for the 9.5” width rolls, which would allow to have panoramic cameras 9.5” by XXX”; the reasons for only "minor" interest:
    1. you can get aerofilm in this size
    2. I do not think that you have available paper in this width as a standard product.

The very large width of 40" is currently of little interest to me, as it is simply too wide,
    And I see no practical way to cut it into a standard smaller format. Nevertheless it is always good to know, there is a company out there willing to supply this as a special order.

The current commercial proposal has been worked out by Lotus View Camera in Austria,
    and I think it would be best to email them directly to show your interest in a group ordering for 20" wide film.

Disclaimer: This is not a commercial posting. I have no personal interest in this matter, except that I want to get enough people interested to attain the minimum order quantity of 10 rolls.

---george w.

George,

If 20X24" is the main interest why not just try to put together an order for film cut to that size and boxed?

Sandy King

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could the 9.5" be cut down to 4x10? Or is the 9.5" 1/4" too short for the 10" side?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think Jim Galli's been shooting 8x9.5's cut from aerial film. If it's short on the long side it will still fit the holder, as long as you push the film in all the way, and I'd tap it down with the filmholder darkslide handle down before shooting so the film will be where you expect it to be in the holder. You would also want to shoot verticals with the darkslide handle end of the back down.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    30metre roll would only be about 100 sheets I think. I wonder if it makes more sense then ordering pre-cut from Fotoimpex.

Shooter
    8x10 Format

ULF Film ----Special order----20x24” AND BEYOND

Hi all, thanks for the responses

here some additional comments:

1. 20x24" is not the issue here, I have enough in the freezer

2. the goal is to have an alternative in panoramic format, e.g.
    -20x30" or
    -9.5x30" or... or...
    ...with variable length to be able to use all the lense's circle of illumination

3. why 9.5 instead of 10"?
    if a special back is being constructed, 9.5" will also allow the use of aerial
    film, that is available in chrome and color negative

4. why 10m instead of 30m?
    the per roll cost is much more manageable in shorter roll lengths,
    remember that minimum order quantity is always 10 rolls, *independent
    of width or length*

5. why order NOW?
    the film business is a quickly changing market, with very few players;
    I do not know how long there will be a company willing to execute
    special orders at so low a minimum order price; after the surprises of the
    last 2 years, i would be interested to put two or three rolls in the freezer,
    whatever the width

...george w.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If they can cut the 9 1/2" into 19 1/2" length sheets and box them up, I will be interested in a few rolls.

Shooter
    8x10 Format

ULF Film----Special order----20x24” AND BEYOND

@hugo,
    well, you can cut the length at *any* length you want

doing just precut 9.5x19.5" is surely possible, but I doubt you will find enough
    other people interested to attain the minimum order quantity for that very and
    unique size

it is much easier to get people grouped for buying a roll, where everybody
    can cut to his length (with an appropriate rig, cutting to length should
    be straigthforward)

the longer I am thinking about 9.5" wide rolls, the more it takes my interest;
    I am thinking of a multiformat camera back, working like the Sinar zoom rollfilm
    cassette, allowing variable length per picture
    with this you would no longer need separate filmholders, and you could adjust
    the side ratio to the scene (9.5x9.5", 9.5x17", 9.5x28.5")

anyhow EFKE is so much cheaper than TMAX or else, that in my eyes it is worthwhile
    for doing some experiments

---george w.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think the 9.5" works for me. I measured the 4x10 film holders and just think the film wouldn't sit right. It would be too much hit and miss on the exact film location. I guess I could tap the film down and compose for the far edge but the extra 1/4" or so to hit the normal width of 8x10 film would seem much nicer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    BTW, is there any source at all of 20X24" film cut to size at this time?

I assume since Forte went under the BPF 200 has dried up? Does Fotoimpex offer anything in this size?

Sandy King

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin