Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,376   Online: 867

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14 x 17 film

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

14 x 17 film

Checking again with my fellow 14 x 17 shooters...hey is this the most delightful ULF format or what?!

Send me a PM if you want to be included in a group order of Ilford for the next order. This order will be through View Camera Store.

as always thanks,

Dave in Vegas

[FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    count me in

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten View Post
    Checking again with my fellow 14 x 17 shooters...hey is this the most delightful ULF format or what?!

Send me a PM if you want to be included in a group order of Ilford for the next order. This order will be through View Camera Store.

as always thanks,

Dave in Vegas

Dave,

Why wait until the next special order period? As of last week, Wynit still had some 14x17 FP4+ in stock from this year's ULF special order program. I just received two boxes last week to replenish my freezer stock. I wish I would have ordered four boxes, but as you know it's not cheap.

They may have sold out in the last week, but it's worth checking.

Kerry

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Kerry,

Great I was nt aware you were a 1417 shooter.

I also got 2 boxes in the last month!

Am wanting to also get in contact with other 1417 shooters and guage the activity hoping to get the use of the format up...on this last order I believe Ilford supplied more than the actual order keeping it in stock longer-thanks Ilford...

Send me PM if you shoot 14 x 17, I havent located more than a half dozen of you all out there?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Tracy Storer just had his for sale. So there will be a new 14x17 shooter out there somewhere. It is an interesting format. I would have been interested but it seems like everytime I talk about another new camera I hear the wife in the other room loading a clip in the pistol.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Check it out

Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    Tracy Storer just had his for sale. So there will be a new 14x17 shooter out there somewhere. It is an interesting format. I would have been interested but it seems like everytime I talk about another new camera I hear the wife in the other room loading a clip in the pistol.
    Yes it is on e bay now....and I believe he is designing and building some cameras now. i.e. 20 x 24-can t wait to see it....

Tracy can verify but I believe his camera is one of only 3 14 x 17 cameras that Wisner has built, that I can verify the existence of....they are beautiful and substantially strong at full extension....2 of these are now in Nevada and Tracys presently in California-soon to go to a new home.....if there are any more out there, I d like to hear from you....

The Cailfornia camera can be had for a really fair price-check this forum and e bay...also the "best" (IMNSHO) way to shoot 7 x 17 verticals is with the 14 x 17 and the 7 x 17 back....also you can shoot 11 x 14 in the same holder.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

a win win situation

Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    Give Tracy a call, maybe he will give some trade allowance for that pistol!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Dave but its not the pistol that worries me but what may come out of the part that is pointed at me. I also think it would be a great format with a wetplate holder made for it. I think Kerik is shooting 14x17 wetplate now.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Yes, Kerik has done some beautiful work in the 14 x 17 format...to me the format has a very substantial presence (print size) for a contact print and is a quite manageable format with lots of options....I thought long and hard before taking the plunge into the 14 x 17 and it is a joy...I have yet to have someone ask me if it is a hassleblad!

You do have to plan your routine and get your moves down and get your organizational skills together....I "dry fired" the camera in the living room and on the front porch before invading the neighborhood and the Mojave with it...I am going to need some more film in a bit...would like to encourage others to consider the format and also get some dialog going among othe 14 x 17 affectionados in the galaxy..

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The only thing I don't like about the Wisner ULF cameras and I own a 8x20 expedition is the small 5 1/4 " lens boards. They limit you to certain lenses. Why Ron used that size for his ULF cameras is beyond me. Other than that they are beautiful cameras. I love working with the 8x20, I also had a vertical back made for it. And I was able to get a Wolly 17x20 Versar (22") on the lens board for full length portraits. And the rear half of a 14 1/2" Verito works well too (24"). Ron can make a great camera when he wants to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin