Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,715   Online: 797

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Wasted sheets of 12x20 (and may be 8x20 or 11x14)?

Does anybody here have a sheet of 12x20 film that's been, for whatever reason (other than punctures, tears, or crumpling), ruined? A friend is building a film holder for a home built camera and needs a sheet to check the dimensions and test loading in the holder during development and building. He'd also appreciate an 8x20 and 11x14 sheets if anybody has those, for reducing film holder construction.

Please let me know; I'll cover shipping and any other costs you might have (a mailing tube or whatever).

All we need is a nice flat sheet that hasn't been damaged in any way, except obviously for the photographic content. Brand or type shouldn't matter so long as it's of the real commecial sheet dimensions.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Walter, would nt it be the same thickness as say a 4 x 5 sheet, or 5 x 7 since they are cut from the same roll>
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's not just the thickness, he wants to have a whole sheet to check the mechanics of loading the holders, make sure film fits flat and doesn't sag, etc.

Will pay whatever seems reasonable.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just put an ad up in classifieds though I suspect it's more likely someone will notice it here. If the double post bothers a moderator or anything feel free to delete this and accept my apologies.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sheet film is not "exactly" the nominal size it is marked as. In other words, a 4x5 sheet of film is not quite 4x5 inches, etc., so to construct holders one really does need real camera film to get the dimensions correct. Just cutting a piece of material to exactly 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, etc, will result in incorrect dimensions, when "real" film is used.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin