Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,586   Posts: 1,545,813   Online: 1142

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alright, how about this:

Give me the best panorama you have.

Not to be glib, but if you only have that one chance, show your best work. I don't want to have to 'quantify' the show beyond panorama. I want to include all different genres, methods, philosophies, and whatever else you go through mentally and emotionally to get to your final image.

I don't really care what it's of, just that it's good.
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    Multi Format
    UPDATE:

I have gallery space at the Old Mill in Tracy Aviary for the month of February. It's a very nice space, actually the oldest building still standing in Salt Lake City. It's been totally re-done and is a very nice place to hang work.

I also have a commitment from BYU in Provo to hang the show, and another gallery in Idaho is interested.

Also, someone from Europe is working on getting exhibition space for the show. If you have local connections with a gallery and/or university, please try to see if you can make arrangements to hang the show. It seems that there is interest in the exhibition, and I want to see if we can't get it around.

I will document the show and am strongly considering registering a domain to host it on-line.

I would like an Artist Statement to accompany each piece, and a small entry fee of $5 to cover expenses such as making title cards, printing the artist statement, some local advertising, a poster, nails, etc... Cash or a personal check is fine.

Also, if you want your piece, or a similar piece mailed to you, please enclose enough postage to cover shipping.

If you are not interested in recieving someone else's print, please let me know in your entry.

I am tracking down some 'unusual' panoramic photographs and am trying to get prints made for the show. Hopefully they can pull through.

From the type of images I've been sent as potential entries into the show, I am VERY excited about everyone's work.

If you have any questions, please re-read the thread. Some good things have been discussed, and hopefully all issues have been clarified.
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Deadline is approaching...prints are trickling in.

Still would love to see some APUG'ers participate!

I'm making 12x20 VDB's or Albumen prints...or maybe a carbon...or...um, I can't decide!
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I looked but couldn't find the deadline - when is it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    December 15th.
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'll do my best to get a wee 4"x10" platinum print into the mail on Monday...

Vaughn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sweet. Be sure to give me an artist statement and a wee donation to get this thing happening and in the papers. I'm also going to register a domain for the show and that'll cost some $$$, but not too much.
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Dammit. Ain't gonna make it. I have no paper.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    A bit later than I had hoped, but it is in the mail this afternoon! Almost sent a carbon, but ended up sending a platinum/palladium.

Vaughn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Carbon would have been awesome...we'll settle for the pt/pd.
    Michael Slade

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin